Chapter 1

"You were Romeo, you were throwin' pebbles and my daddy said "stay away from Juliet", and I was crying on the staircase begging you please don't go"

- Love Story,Taylor swift

 Cordelia Ambrose couldn't remember how old she was when she first met the Hawthornes, all that she knew is that her family and theirs had been friends for what seemed like an eternity.

You can imagine how shocked she was when she found out the-one-and-only Grayson Hawthorne didn't get the Hawthorne fortune and estate, she was even more shocked when a year later later she received a letter from Ms Grambs herself addressed to her and her little brother saying that the Hawthorne's had spoke well of them and she would be delighted to meet them at her charity ball she was holding.

Dorian Ambrose was ecstatic when his sister showed him the letter from Avery Grambs, the Hawthorne heiress, they only saw the Hawthornes about once a year (although they hadn't seen them since his sister came back from country heights day for a "learning opportunity" as his father put it) , and when they did it was always an exciting trip.

Cordelia, however, was not as excited as accepting this invitation would mean that she would have to come face to face with Grayson again, for the first time in about 3 years, for the first time after Emily. None the less they accepted the invite and less then 3 days later, they were on one of their fathers private jets on there way to Hawthorne house.

Hawthorne House looked the same as it did three years ago, same grand entrance,same massive parkway filled with fancy and expensive cars. All in all much like the Ambrose's.

Cordelia had her face pressed up against the hot window, why was Texas so damned hot?, as much as the heat bothered her she had more important things to worry about, but she thought she had a plan.

. Enter Hawthorne house 

. Greet Avery and co.

. Awkwardly greet brothers 

. Greet Security staff

. AVOID GRAYSON

That's it, easy right? If she just avoided who she didn't want to meet she wouldn't see them would she? She didn't want to see Grayson or his golden hair, or his perfect, proud smile, or his gorgeous, gorgeous grey eyes, or his sharp jaw or his— "della"   said her brother, snapping her out of her daydream, "what" she scowled,

"We're here"

"Oh" she mumbled cheeks turning scarlet from embarrassment.

The Ambrose's stepped into the Texas heat and made their way to the grand doors of Hawthorne house to greet Oren -who had been a guard for the Hawthornes as long as Cordelia had been alive- in the foyer. "Ambroses!" Oren boomed moving across the floor to shake their hands " it's so good to see you again, leave your bags here I'll take you to meet Avery" And with that they were whisked away to meet the heiress.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

first chapter done! Let me know what you think ♥️

sorry if the writings a little sloppy