Chapter 15

"Haunted by the look in your eyes that would've loved you for a lifetime"

- Happiness, Taylor Swift

"Eve" the words barely got out of his mouth before she was stalking towards her, she had a on a green dress, her red hair braided.

Emily.

Emily.

Emily.

Avery.

Eve.

The lines between them were blurring. Emily. Eve. Avery. "I thought I told you to leave my family my family alone." Show no emotion Grayson. That's how you win. Grayson stood straighter, she's not Emily, calm down. "And I thought I told you, you couldn't tell me what to do." She took another step closer, she was staring up at Grayson, "when was the last time you saw your sister, Grayson?" Graysons anger flared, Gigi. "What have you done with Gigi."

"Oh no, not gigi, that would be far too easy, you know I've always liked a challenge Grayson. Savannah... She's a fighter y'know, reminds me of myself." Eve twists her braid around her fingers, "she is nothing like yo-" Eve drops her braid. "Well she's certainly not like you is she? Savannah is a fighter, you are not. Do you know why Grayson? Because you are weak. You were so blindsided by the fact I look like your dead girlfriend, that you couldn't even see that I didn't care about you, should've listened to Avery, maybe, just maybe, if you did, she would've chosen you, but that doesn't matter now does it Gray? Now she doesn't care about you, and is only using you for work?" She pulled a knife out of her dress and held it against Grayson neck, "lies." He seethes, "your lying." "I'll ask you one more time. Where. Is. My. Sister."

Eve shrugged, "you'll just have to find that out yourself won't you?" Before Grayson could even react, Eve held a rag to his mouth, "it'll be ok gray, just a few more seconds." Grayson tried to fight it, he really did but there wasn't much he could do, he felt himself crash to the floor, his eyelids were getting heavier.

Heavier.

Heavier.

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.

When he woke up he was in a Hospital room. He noticed it immediately as there about seven nurses all hovering above him. They murmured things like, "he's awake, get Mr Hawthorne" and "just lay down Grayson, it will all be ok." But it wasn't ok. Nothing was. Eve was plotting to kill him, his sister was missing and Gigi— god he hadn't even thought of Gigi, it hit him then that he had failed her, failed acacia, the women who had treated him like a child of her own, someone who had showed him more love in the past 4 months than his own mother had in the last 20 years.

Slowly, he tried to lift himself out of the bed, pulling himself into a sitting position, he blinked. 1. 2. 3 times, his vision started to clear as he moved his head around the room, his eyes zoomed in on a figure in the corner. Nash. Desperately, he tried to scramble out of his bed, he was promptly pushed back down by nurses. Nash slowly got up and walked towards him, "gray, just calm down ok, just calm down." Panic seized Him. "Nash Nash" he panted out his name, but it came out all wrong. The nurses were trying to calm him down, at least that's what he thought, they were touching him, he didn't like it, eventually he lost it. "STOP TOUCHING ME" tears streamed down his face, "LEAVE GET OUT." He shoved his head into his hands, he didn't want this. After years of denying it he knew now that his life was falling apart and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

Once Nash had escorted all of the doctors out he sat down on the edge of the hospital bed, "gray" he sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose, "what's up" Grayson still hadn't lifted his head up, "everything" he sobbed, "Eve has my sister and she might kill her and acacia is going to be so disappointed and I don't know what to do." Slowly, he looked up at Nash, "are you going to try and find her at least?"

"I guess, but I'm not sure how close I'll be able to get without Eve hurting someone else."

"Well gray, you better hell try"

———————————————————————————————————————-

I'm so sorry for not posting lately 😭 I've had no motivation at all, anyway I guess you can kind of see where this plot is going, I felt like there wasn't really a plot so I guess I've added it 😭