Chapter 13

"To kiss in cars, and downtown bars was all we needed."

-Cardigan, Taylor swift

Cordelia did not get any sleep that night, she had left Grayson in his secret room at what must of been about 1 or 2 am, she was promptly exhausted, but as soon as she collapsed onto her bed, her mind was taken over by thoughts of Grayson, that in 10 they would be going out for dinner and making sure they were spotted kissing after in graysons car. The plan would work no doubt, but that wasn't what Cordelia was worried about, after 6 months time we'll go back to being strangers again, as much as she hated it, Cordelia found herself hating the thought of going back to being strangers with Grayson again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grayson did not get any sleep that night, Cordelia left him in his secret room at what must of been about 1-2 am, this was quite early for Grayson anyway and he normally didn't arrive back at Hawthorne house until 2:30 if he had been extremely busy. Instead of taking the secret passage back to his room, he threw himself up not his oversized reading chair and thought about Cordelia, thought about her gorgeous eyes, her sweet smile and the way she was so kind to everyone, even if she didn't like them, in some ways daisy reminded him of gigi, but also of Nash and xander, Nash's calm and kindness and xanders smarts and passion, god who was he kidding, she was perfect, and he felt a connection to her in a way he'd never felt about anyone before, not Eve, not Emily, not even Avery.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun peaked through the curtains in Cordelia's guest room, a girl with brunette hair to around the middle of her neck peaked through the door.

"Oops- sorry I didn't realise anyone was staying in here, well this is very disappointing, Xander just told me this is where I'd be staying, he didn't mention I'd have a roommate!" The girl skipped forward and plopped herself on the end of Cordelia's bed, "when I say it's disappointing I don't mean because your my roommate, I'm just very disappointed in xander for not telling me!" Now that Cordelia could see the girl more clearly, she noticed a scatter of freckles across her nose, and the blue friendship bracelet she had on matched her bright blue eyes perfectly, "you are soooo pretty, how do you even look like that," the girl leaned toward her, creasing her eyebrows a little, she must have noticed the surprised look in Cordelia face because she stuck out a paint stained hand and announced, " sorry, I probably should've introduced myself, I'm Gigi Grayson."

"Cordelia Ambrose" Cordelia returned the smile that Gigi had on her face, two dimples on either side. Gigi suddenly let go of her hand and gasped dramatically, "what is it?" Cordelia asked searching Gigi's face, "did I do something?"

"Oh no, I just remembered I haven't asked you if you like cats!" Gigi frowned and leaned forward, "you do like cats right?" Cordelia smiled and whispered in Gigi's ear, " I have a cat back in England, nobody except for my brother knows about her." Gigi giggled and grinned happily, "can I see her?" She practically started vibrating when Cordelia pulled out her phone, "oooooo that's an adorable cat!, I love it its so fluffy." Gigi squealed and wrapped her arms around Cordelia, "can I ask you a question cordie?" Cordie Cordelia like that nickname, it had a nice ring to it, "will you be my friend?, I haven't had a lot of friends and my mom says I need more friends than just gray and sav."

"of course we can be friends Gigi!" Cordelia returned Gigi's hug, she was about 99% sure that nobody actually asked to be friends, in order to make friends anymore, but she didn't care, a friend was a friend and she was sure Gigi would make a great one.

"Let me walk you to breakfast."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grayson Hawthorne did not get nervous. Yet here he was pacing outside of Cordelia's room, he'd been debating for the past 10 minutes whether he should go in, he was just about to walk in when Cordelia and Gigi? Walked out, "Gigi? What are you doing here?" She threw her arms around his neck, "Grayson!," she squealed, "me and sav are staying until Christmas! Sorry I didn't tell you, it was supposed to be a surprise" Grayson smiled at his little sister, she flashed back two dimples that matched his own, "I'm glad your here Gigi but I really need to talk to Cordelia" Cordelia's eyes widened, "oh-um Gigi, I'm sure you'll be able to find your way to the dining room by yourself right?" Gigi suspiciously looked at Cordelia, she then side-eyed Grayson, "ok!" Without a question she bounced off towards the staircase, and Cordelia let go of a deep breath.

Grayson stepped forward and placed two firm hands on Cordelia's hips, "are you ready for today?" Grayson smirked on the inside as Cordelia stuttered and searched for words, she was obviously trying to ignore his hands on her waist, to mess with her a little more, he slid them down further.

"I-um uhh, yeah, yeah I'm ready." Cordelia relaxed in graysons arms, she was still bright red but less tense now. "Do you want to go over the plans one more time?" He pushed her back towards the door she came out of, "I told Nash about our plan but nobody else can know, yes?" Cordelia nodded, perhaps more violently then needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is it.

Grayson was currently driving down the motorway, she was sure he was going miles above the legal speed limit, but he didn't seem to care, graysons hair was neatly styled, the sun from the sunset shone on his eyes, practically making them see-through, he had on a navy three-piece suit, she was wearing a simple deep red slip dress, she had put on a little more makeup than usual, but tonight had to go perfectly.

About 15 minutes later they arrived at the restaurant, a high end restaurant, she was sure she would have to force the food down from, god why can't rich people eat nice foods? As her father was one of the richest men in England, she had gotten used to forcing down rich people food, caviar, raw steak and such. "Are you ready?" Grayson turned to look at her, holding onto the door handle, Cordelia nodded, "I'm ready."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grayson held onto Cordelia's leg the whole time they were at dinner, they were seated across from eachother, but that didn't stop Grayson from slipping his hand underneath the table to stroke daisy's knee. Finally, the waiter arrived with the bill, the dinner itself had been a success, about 12 members of the press had spotted them walking in, and no doubt there were more outside now. Grayson payed and they left the restaurant, he made sure he kept his hand low on Cordelia's back as he walked her out of the restaurant, sure enough when they got outside, the reporters had tripled in size, they started shouting questions like is it true that you and miss Ambrose are dating? And are you still hung up on the Hawthorne heiress?

Grayson and cordelia made a sprint for the car, completely ignoring the paparazzi, once they made into the car, Cordelia laughed, slightly out of breath, and oh lord Grayson thought it was the most beautiful sound he ever heard, it reminded him of when they would sit by the lake at Heights country day, writing poetry and stories, he missed it, her missed her, Why not you?, why not him, Grayson took a deep breath and angled her face towards his.

Cordelia's eyes widened as her did, he leaned forward, so close that when he spoke their lips brushed, "can I kiss you Cordelia Ambrose?" She said nothing at first, but then closed her eyes and lifted her head towards his, he pressed his lips against hers.

6 months.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>

I LOVED WRITING THIS CHAPTER! Halloween chapter next 🎃👻