Let Me Help

Tw: talk of cuts, gore, @buse, and sh

   "And with that, the two were off back to Dream's house. Which was basically Sapnap's second home as Dream's mom loved him. His sister, Drista....tolerated him. (Even though she secretly admired him for all that he's done)"

   Dream was holding Sapnap's hand like someone holding their little brothers hand while walking back to Dream's house. Thoughts were racing through his mind. Mostly that he thought Dream was dissapointed in him for relapsing, but also how was he going to hide it from his other friends who don't know about his personal life.

   Dream noticed that he had a slightly scared look on his face. He hated seeing his friend - no, brother - like this, it hurt him. He let go of his hand and lightly tussled his hair, telling him it was going to be okay. That he was there for him, there to help.

   These words calmed Sapnap a little bit, knowing that Dream was there for him. Before they knew it, the two were already back at Dream's home. Dream opened the door and let Sap inside first then following him, closing the door behind the two.

   "Dream? You're back! Honey, where'd you go off to so suddenly" Dream's mom, Ms.Wastaken asked from the kitchen

   She dried her hands on a towel that was in a pocket of an apron and walked to the door frame of the kitchen, looking up to see both boys. Her face brightened when she saw Sapnap.

   "Oh, Sapnap dear! So that's where Dream went. If you just told me you were going to pick Sapnap up that would have been okay" she went over to the two.

   She bopped Dream on the forehead as she spoke, but then turned and tightly hugged Sapnap, "It's so good to see you dear!" Not noticing Sap's face of pain as she hugged him

   "It's er- good to see you too, ma'am" He said, clenching his jaw

   "Oh drop the ma'am, you don't need to do that here. You're family." She took a step back and smiled sweetly

   She was about to go on a whole spout about Sapnap being basically her second son when Dream interrupted, "Ooo-kay. Sorry ma, but I wanted to show Sap some new stuff I did in our game"

   He grabbed Sap by the shoulders, kissed her on the cheek and steered him to his room at the end off the hall, passing little progress pride flags on the walls. When the door to his room was closed, Dream sighed a breath of relief.

   "Sorry- I didn't know she would be right in the kitchen" he apologized while scrounging through his closet for a hospital grade medical kit.

   "It's fine man, she just hugged me a bit hard-" Sap responded, plopping down on Dream's bed

   Tossing out a few random sweatshirts to get a better look in the closet Sapnap spots a bright lime green one. Going over go pick it up he sees it has a derpy smile with dots for eyes.

   Smiling to himself he says to Dream, "I remember when I drew this smile for you! And then you used it for your minecraft skin."

   Dream, pulling out a white plastic box from the closet sees Sap holding that sweatshirt, "Heh, yeah. I got it turned into a sweatshirt. I haven't really worn it but I really like it."

   He ruffled Sap's hair as he walks by, setting the med kit down on his dresser. Opening it and rustling through, finding gauze, bandages, and alcohol wipes.

   "Hey, come here. Take off your sweatshirt and sit on the gaming chair" he waved Sap over.

   He carefully took of his sweatshirt, seeing that he bled through the gauze he put on, and onto his sweatshirt sleeve. He sighed and took a mental note to get hydrogen peroxide. Sitting down on the chair, his right arm facing Dream he avoided his expression to what he had done.

   Dream honestly didn't know what to expect, but it wasn't this. The worst that he'd seen before was just...a lot of them. There weren't that many cuts this time, they just deep.

(I feel like I should note that I am not a professional when it comes to care of sh wounds. But I've learned how to take care of them, from experience and from others)

   He unwrapped the bloody gauze and threw it in the trash next to him. Grabbing a normal moist towelett and lightly wiping around the open cuts, stopping every time Sapnap flinched away.

   He noticed that Sap wasn't looking at him, actually avoiding eye contact. Dream didn't say anything, he was just calm and quiet while cleaning all the cuts.

   Even though he was cleaning them up, they were still bleeding kind of bad now. 'Probably from the force of the hug' he thought to himself.

   "Okay, sorry in advance, but this will probably hurt a lot." He apologizes while opening an alcohol pad.

   He lightly swipes over the thinner and smaller cuts and he hears Sapnap hissing through his teeth. He mouth the word 'sorry' to Sapnap as he continues. Even going around the edge of the really wide and deep cuts, being extra careful around those.

   Once the pad had turned a shade of dark pink, Dream reached back into the kit for some neosporine. Putting small amounts over the thin cuts and around the edges of the big ones before grabbing gauze. Securely wrapping up his arm and then grabbing an ace bandage, wrapping his arm and around his shoulder too.

   "Why the ace bandage too?" Sapnap asked for the first time throughout the entire process

   "Oh, it's incase someone sees your shoulder, instead of asking why you have it bandaged, they'll see the ace bandage and you say you hurt your shoulder." He shrugged while packing up all the materials.

   "Ah. Makes sense.." Sap responded while getting up to put his sweatshirt back on

   Dream stopped him and handed him a different one, "Here, I'll go wash this, you can wear one of mine for now"

   Sapnap smiled and nodded, putting on Dreams hoodie. The sleeves go past his hands, but it's fucking comfy.

   'Dream is the best friend I could have ever asked for. More than I deserve' Sap thought to himself

   Three loud knocks slammed against Dream's door and a feminine voice shouted through saying, "Yo shit for brains! I need my charger back"

   It was Dream's younger sister. Drista.