PART 26

I'LL WRITE YOUR NAME ON THE WINDS,
WITH MY EYES.
WITH THE SHADOW OF MY HANDS,
I'LL HOLD YOUR HAND.
YOU'RE THE WORD OF LOVE,
AND,
I'LL PROTECT YOU IN MY EMBRACE.

Y/N's POV

They say that life is a journey and in which one has to face a lots of ups and downs.

What will you call a life which is a journey of uncertainty, my life has been really uncertain since years.

I was completely happy in my 9 to 5 shift of a surgeon. No love, No pain, neither exciting nor grief.

It felt like I've been walking on a straight path for years. When I was 13 I lost my mom and my Brother in a car accident.

I was devastated at that moment when I saw the bloody body of my mother. I threw up after I saw when blood pooled around my mother's head, she couldn't even made it to the hospital. My brother was 15 when he left us, I used to hate him, he was annoying and irritating. He doesn't left any chance to annoy me and make me wanna curse him.

But that day when I saw my brother on the ICU bed the last thing he said was "Y/N-ah... I love You. Take care of dad." And then all the things around when silent.

I regretted cursing him for everytime he annoyed me. I blamed myself for everything happened.

But after they left us, me and dad both went into depression for a while.
We talked less, ate less and even slept less.

But dad became very paranoid about me, he didn't let me go anywhere because he thought that maybe I'll also leave him like mom and his son.

After looking dad condition, he was literally looking dead at that point. Bags under his eyes, hollow cheeks, wrinkles and his tearful voice.

Made me want to pull him out of depression, so I made myself strong from that day ahead. I started to act happy and excited to make my father a bit normal.

I learned how to cook so I can make something for my dad. At first it used to taste terrible but my dad alway ate whatever I had given to him. He never complained. I started to take him to park we I used sit with my dad and talk about things I like just to make him speak. It all went for few months abd then finally he started to progress and after 2 years my dad was finally cured his depression.

Actually my dad loved my mom so much. They did not have a love story like most people do. Their family arranged their marriage and they got married, but mom used to tell me that she didn't like this marriage initially, my mom wanted to study further but her family was very orthodox about women.

But dad literally made her realise her worth and his love for was unconditional, mom used to tell me that there were times when they didn't even had money for themselves but they so happy with that whatever little they had.

My mom fell in love with my dad and she used to say that she is still falling and that she never wanted to fell out of it.

My dad was epitome of care and love, after even 17 years of the their marriage they seem like a newly wedded couple.