Chapter 1: Tragic News

"What..? Michikatsu.. became a demon..?" Yoriichi's eyes widened.

"I don't know how it exactly happened! we were just training and all of a sudden he started to act weird!" The water hashira explaining Yoriichi.

"He was normal with us..! that night we were just doing a quick training until he started shaking.. He started to drool for no reason and started to mumble how hungry he was. Then he lifted his head up and attacked one of our slayers!" The flame hashira, known as Rengoku feeling terrible to tell the news to Yoriichi. He knows Yoriichi truly loves Michikatsu.. especially how they were twin brothers.

"Where is he.?" Yoriichi is in distress.

"The others are trying to take care of him.. let get back quick." The water hashira signaled the two to run back. Yoriichi was at full speed all the way back, Rengoku and the water hashira could not catch his speed.

A few minutes have passed and Yoriichi made it back to the Corp. When he got there he found a lot of slayers injured. And the hashiras who have little scratches. "Yoriichi.. You arrived.." The thunder hashira noticed Yoriichi first.

"Quick..! send the doctors! we can't lose him!" The stone hashira carrying the wind hashira who is awfully injured. Yoriichi was in shock and what matters to him the most is to find his brother.

"He fled." The thunder hashira finally spoke. "Your brother almost bit Rengoku, slit the wind hashira's face off, gave fatal scratches to the stone hashira and killed a few slayers who was willing to join us." The thunder hashira was angry.

The stone hashira stepped in. "Your brother almost killed half of us! where were you?!" the stone hashira was on good terms with the wind hashira. He can't bare enough comrade close to him to die.

"I was just patroling until I came across two demons.. it was a man and a woman. That man was the progenitor of demons. Muzan Kibutsuji. I managed to use my technique to get him downed. Right before I could finish him off.. he exploded. spliting himself into several pieces... I could not cut all of them as the much smaller pieces got out of my sight.." Everyone was shocked about Yoriichi's recent battle.

"And what about that woman?" asked the water hashira.

"I spared her. She has no intentions to harm me or anyone.. when I downed Muzan. Her eyes sparkled with hope.. as if she really wanted this man to die. But when Muzan escaped.. She began to cry.. yelling that he should die already." Yoriichi continued to explain.

"You.. idiot! you let a demon go?! what if she tricked you so she can continue eating more people?! and did you just said you managed to down Muzan? You had the chance! the chance to end this demon that barely any of us encounter!" The thunder hashira was even more ticked off.

"What even worse your brother took the life of many people here!" The other slayer yelled. 

The hashiras and slayers continued to yell at Yoriichi as if it was his fault. 

"Please everyone.. stop. Now's not time! why is everyone blaming Yoriichi?" Rengoku was incredebly angered at everyone's ignorance. 

"Are you serious? you're siding with him? he doomed us! look at the state we are in!" yelled the thunder hashira.

It been hours until the meeting was held with the new leader Ubuyashiki who is only six years old. He was just a child and was hurt to see the slayers continuously yelling at Yoriichi. "I say we execute Yoriichi right now." The thunder hashira vowed. The stone hashira, water hashira and even the wind hashira who came back with bandanges on his head raised their hands to agree that Yoriichi should be executed.

"Raise your hand Rengoku. Don't side with that traitor's brother." The stone hashira spoke.

"That enough!"

The hashira's attention was immediately drawn to their new master. "No one is getting executed. Yoriichi.. I apologize but after everything that happened.. You must be exiled." The young Ubuyashiki was sadened that he had to announce this awful news to Yoriichi. Rengoku felt terrible. The news he heard when Yoriichi said Muzan spliting himself made him lose confidence.. so no matter how many times you had the chance to down Kitbutsuji.. He will always use his escape method to regenerate somewhere else...

"You can leave by the morning Yoriichi. You should rest.." The young Ubuyashiki wanted Yoriichi to stay a little longer as he provided so much support for the Corp before farewell. "No.. I'll leave right now. Thank you for your concern master.. I'll make my way now."  Yoriichi stood up.

"Alright.. Please take care Yoriichi." Young Ubuyashiki said goodbye to Yoriichi.. while the rest of the slayers still angered that they weren't allowed to plant a sword on Yoriichi's chest.

Rengoku stared quietly while Yoriichi was leaving. He was the one who found Yoriichi and recruited him to the Corp. It saddens him to watch the man who helped him with many things which he considered him as a very good friend... gone.