Chapter 7: Two Calamity

Another hours have passed and it was night time again.

"Aniue can we go outside?" Yoriichi suggested. "Alright fine.." The twins gone outside and went to look around. They were searching for awhile until they saw loads of wisteria flowers. "Aniue look! wisteria flowers." Yoriichi wanted to take a look but was quickly pulled away by Kokushibo. "Wisteria flowers immobilize us Yoriichi. Don't get near them. DId you ever come accross one?" 

"No. I was mostly hiding in the shadows in a few villages waiting for night to be able to strike again." Yoriichi replied. 

"I sense demons behind those flowers. it seems they are trapped." Kokushibo spoke. "Oh? never knew humans were cruel enough to keep a few demons as prisoners. Let burn those flowers aniue." Yoriichi smiled. 

The twins grabbed a wood and Yoriichi used his sun breathing form to set the wood on fire. Kokushibo threw the wood at the flowers and it started to burn. "Excellent job Yoriichi." Kokushibo smiled as well. Once a few wisteria flowers burned out, it opened a path which allowed demons to escape. There was.. more than 50 suprisingly.

"Freedom! at last!"

"I am tired being used as a training puppet! I am so hungry!"

"I'll make those slayers who captured me pay!

Many demons started yelling for freedom and finally able to hunt again instead of waiting weeks or months for more slayers. Kokushibo grabbed one of the demons by force and interrogated them. "Mind explaining?" Kokushibo's stare was horrifying enough for the demon to tell all the bad things hes done.

"We were captured! captured! we couldn't pass the wisteria so we were trapped.. all I understood is that we were used to this so called "final selection".. all that happened was a bunch of slayers comes inside and starts killing a few of us. Some of them got killed and became someone's food but there aren't enough for me! so unfair!" The demon was in so much rage. He haven't ate for 2 days. 

Kokushibo dropped the demon and turned to Yoriichi. 

"I guess we ruined their special training aniue. isn't it wonderful?" Yoriichi was smirking evily. The twins heard yellings. "Quick! bring water! we need backup! lady Shinobu we ask you to please watch our back!" was heard from the distance.

"My? how about a quick dinner aniue?" Yoriichi looked at Kokushibo. "You sure read my mind brother." Kokushibo smiled as well.

It was a group of kakushis working together to put the fire out. A bunch of slayers were sent along to protect them. Kocho Shinobu, the insect pillar. Was sent just in case for extra safety.

"So many of them. I can even smell one of them has marechi blood!" Yoriichi grew enlightened to finally taste marechi blood again. Kokushibo can smell it too. He started to drool slightly then snapped back. 

"It seems this short woman is a pillar." Kokushibo pointed out to alarm Yoriichi. "I have a good idea." the demon who was watching the two Upper Moons who got freed as well was instructed to be used as a distraction. It ate a tons of humans, enough to be able to use a spell.

"That demon will keep her busy. It has blood demon art capable at creating illusion. Let see who can kill more humans!" The twins began to rush as now they had the chance to harm the kakushis and the slayers.

Shinobu heard screaming from afar and tried to rush but the illusion continued to fool her. Like there is a tree in front of her blocking her but it actually not real. "Wonderful. I had so much fun. Now let take care of that pillar." Yoriichi was feeling ectastic to fight a pillar after awhile. But he realized.. "Daybreak again..? are you kidding me? We were about to go to the best part." Yoriichi complained. Kokushibo signaled Nakime to teleport both Yoriichi and Kokushibo back to the infinity castle.

The demon who was using spells to trick the Insect pillar quickly retreated. Otherwise it will burn to ash because of the sun. Shinobu could not understand anything as she continued to quickly run back to the kakushis and the slayers. What she seen shocked her.

A few kakushis and slayers were missing limbs. A few got devoured completely while some was halfly. Shinobu failed to protect these poor souls because she was distracted by the illusion demon. Now she is going to report this horrible news to her master that the final selection was also destroyed. 

Now to mention.. the kakushis were killed off before they could put out the fire who continues to burns the remaining wisteria flowers so unfortunately. Almost all of them got burned and it takes a really long time to regrow a new one and perfect it.

Meanwhile

The twins sat in a room. "It was really fun Michikatsu. I enjoy spending with you. I wish I could see the Insect pillar's face once she founds out all of the people she was meant to protect died." Yoriichi was laughing maniacly. Kokushibo didn't quite mind Yoriichi calling him by his real name.

Yoriichi clinged onto Kokushibo and closed his eyes. He wanted to sleep to pass time until it night time again. "You're right Yoriichi. We may be demons with infinite stamina but sleeping is the best way to pass time." Kokushibo closed his eyes as he held Yoriichi closer to him.

He feels.. happy to be with Yoriichi again. Now that he understands the truth about him he no longer feels jealous or any hatred towards him. Instead it.. relief.. and joy.