Chapter 16: Shining Light

Yoriichi still held on Michikatsu. Genya, Tanjiro and Muichiro came down crying as they rushed to hug Yoriichi and Michikatsu. "You guys did it! you defeated Muzan!"

"No. We did it. With all of your help we were able to work together to wipe out Muzan's face from this world." Yoriichi smiled. Michikatsu also smiled in joy and got up. "Grandpa is finally awake." Muichiro referring to Michikatsu.

Tanjiro was confused and Genya decided to do the explaining. Muichiro was Michikatsu's descendant so he is basicaly his great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandfather. This shocked Tanjiro as it been answered why Muichiro was so strong.

It was a really long fight. Tanjiro told the others what happened in his fight with Upper Moonth 3, Akaza. Kanao and Inosuke also talked about Upper Moon Two, Douma.. but it costed Shinobu's life to be able to kill him..

"Everyone sacrificed for their lives to fulfill their duty.. but we continued on their behalf." Tanjiro spoke. All of the kakushis quickly gathered up to carry the exhausted and injured slayers back to the butterfly estate in order to recover. 

A pillar meeting was held, Michikatsu and Yoriichi were included.

"Thank you everyone.. for all of your effort to save humanity." Kiriya and his two twin sisters bowed down. Giyuu and Sanemi yelled. "You don't have to thank us!" "Your father and ancestors are proud of you to make your final act!"

Kiriya cried as he remembers the smile of his father. "It took many people's lives to make this come true. It however mostly thanks to Ubuyashiki for running this organization. Without him, humanity would still be in danger." Yoriichi spoke.

 "All the hardwork of the swordsmiths carrying on to forge more swords for centuries has come to an end now." Michikatsu replied.

Kiriya and the twins bid them farewell. "From now on, The demon slayer Corp will be no more. For centuries we have finally fulfilled our goal and our family.. our bloodline. Will finally be free of the curse." Kiriya bow down once again and waved goodbye.

Sanemi, Giyuu, Yoriichi and Michikatsu all left.

Several weeks have passed.

Tanjiro and Kanao together went to visit his friends after a long time of recovery. Kanao took Kaburamaru with her. That poor snake's owner, Obanai is deceased. 

Tanjiro and Kanao first started to visit Giyuu and Urokodaki. "You cut your hair!" Tanjiro feeling joyful to see Giyuu smiling. Sanemi gave a pat to Nezuko as she smiled as well. 

Urokodaki was really proud. He was still relieved Tanjiro, Nezuko and Giyuu were alright.

Next Tanjiro and Nezuko went to see Saburo. They were gone for almost 3 years! Saburo thought they were really dead since he couldn't see the family visiting ever again to the village seeling charcoals.

Saburo cried in tears to see Tanjiro and Nezuko were alive all along. "Saburo.. it all thanks to you for saving my life at the begginning." Tanjiro smiled.

Next Kanao went with Tanjiro to see the Tsugikuni twins. 

"Yoriichi! good morning!" Tanjiro happily rushing towards Yoriichi's home. "Tanjiro.. you finally recovered." Yoriichi smiled. "How's mister Michikatsu?" Tanjiro asked. "He is alright. He is playing with Muichiro right now." Yoriichi replied.

"Oh! Muichiro is living with you guys?" Tanjiro was curious. "Yeah. That poor kid had no where else to go and since he is Michikatsu's grandson he decided to take care of him." Yoriichi replied with a smile. 

"More like repaying child support after being a demon for four hundred years." Kanao spoke. "Kanao! why..!" Tanjiro eyes widened in shock staring at Kanao who is being savage. 

"Why don't you two come in? We have miso soup and kelp rice balls. and a grilled fish as well." Yoriichi offering the two for breakfast. "Kelp rice balls? count me in!" Tanjiro yelled in joy.

Tanjiro and Kanao entered and saw Yoriichi's house was pretty big. They saw Michikatsu was reading a story for Muichiro. "Oh. Hello Tanjiro and Kanao. Did you two recovered well?" Michikatsu smiled. "All good in shape Michikatsu! how's Muichiro?" Tanjiro noticed Muichiro's condition was fatal due to blood loss. "It alright. We took him for a check up and he will be alright." Michikatsu looked at Muichiro.

Yoriichi quickly prepared the table and called everyone for breakfast. Everyone sat down and digged in. Tanjiro was really ectastic to eat kelp rice balls. "You are really like your ancestor Tanjiro. He always make me rice balls whenever I visit." Yoriichi spoke.

"I don't blame him. They sure are tasty. Thank you for this delicious breakfast Yoriichi!" Tanjiro replied. 

Kanao left to go see Aoi and the three girls who worked with her in the butterfly estate.

There was one thing Tanjiro realized. "I fear I will watch Sanemi and Giyuu die first.." Tanjiro spoke. Yoriichi and Michikatsu remained silent. "It is saddening to watch a someone you cherish for go. But at least you succeeded one thing to die proudly." Yoriichi spoke. "At least you two did things together before it lasted." Yoriichi still remembers the death of his wife.

"You're right.. I also will die once I reach the age of 25.. don't you too Yoriichi? you and Michikatsu marks are like apart of your body unlike ours who dissapears after usage." Tanjiro was wondering. 

"Yoriichi did live up to old age because his body was adapted to the mark ever since he was born. But for me.. I'm the one who will pass away." Michikatsu replied. Hearing this made Muichiro saddens a bit. 

"I am still confused.. you lived up more than hundreds of years yet after turning back into a human.. you're young as ever." Tanjiro is confused. "Thats because demons don't age Tanjiro. I may be 480 years but I'm just a 22 year old man." Michikatsu replied.

Yoriichi was 85 years old before turning into a demon so how is he young again after turning back into a human? He still couldn't figure it out.

"It was nice talking to you two. I will be leaving now, I'll visit again someday!" Tanjiro bid them farewell.