Chapter 3

The next morning soon came. Ginger came downstairs to find all three of her children eating their breakfast together. 

"Morning, kids" Ginger greeted her children. 

"Morning, Mom" Ricky, Etta, and Molly waved back. 

"Where's your dad?" Ginger asked, looking around but couldn't find Rocky. 

"I think he went out" Etta replied. 

Ginger's thoughts seemed to wander as she gazed out the window towards the mainland, thinking about those trucks. She then turned back to Ricky and Etta, telling them before she went out the door. "Kids, watch your sister. I'll be back"

"You can count on us, Mom. I'm like a hawk" Ricky called out. "I will not take my eyes off her"

Molly then had a sneaky idea, pointing towards the window. "Oh, look over there Ricky. Isn't that Rosalina?"

"Where?!" Ricky gasped, as that was the name of one of the hens he had a crush on, bolting towards the window. 

Etta rolled her eyes, coming over to her dumb twin brother. "Would you stop! There's no one there!" She pulled him away from the window. 

But when the two of them turned around they found that their little sister had disappeared.

Etta wing-palmed, giving an annoying look at Ricky. "How did I ever get stuck in the oviduct with you?"

Ginger came outside, passing Nobby who was on the porch doing what he usually does... Nothing. She then found the Akids at the edge of the hill where the netting had been placed. Kali was the first to spot her coming over. 

"Morning, Ginger" The adventure girl greeted her favorite chicken. 

"How's it looking?" Ginger asked the Akids on their progress.

"We just finished putting the last net up" Teeders told the ginger colored hen while the other Akids yawned a bit, being tired from all their hard work last night. 

Ginger nodded, looking satisfied. "Right. All we have to do now is keep quiet and not draw attention to ourselves"

Suddenly...

"Cock-a-doodle-doo!" Rocky crowed loudly, causing some of the hens to close their doors and windows. 

The American rooster smiled proudly as he had come out to do his morning crow like he did every morning. Rocky stretched his wings and took a deep breath, about to crow again until Ginger stopped him. 

"Rocky! Um, given our new situation... Uh, I believe it's best with these new protocols that..." Ginger tried explaining, but couldn't seem to find the guts to tell her mate the bad news. 

"I think what Ginger's trying to say is, maybe you shouldn't crow anymore" David told him. 

"Seems like a good idea to me" Nobby called out from the porch, as he never liked crowing. He thought it was too loud... And too much work. 

The American rooster started coughing from holding his breath for too long, before saying. "Don't crow? But that's like my thing"

"Maybe you could do a different thing" Ginger suggested to her mate. "A quieter one?"

"A dead quiet one" Cynthia mentioned.

"Wow! Look at this!" Molly's voice said. 

The Akids turned around seeing Molly over by the netting, causing Ginger to gasp. 

"Molly!" Ginger rushed over towards her daughter. "Get away from that!"

"Uh, Ginge, can we talk about the whole-" Rocky tried talking with his mate when...