Chapter 2

One day, the adventure kids stopped by the island to have their usual visit with the chickens. They went straight over to Ginger and Rocky's hut, lifting up the roof to find Nobby, Ricky, and Etta inside. 

"Hey, guys!" The human kids greeted the three flightless birds. 

"Hi!" Ricky and Etta waved back while Nobby was too distracted to look up. He was busy watching two worms fight over a leaf. That was the British rooster's version of TV entertainment. 

"How was the trip?" Teeders asked the twin fowls who were nearly adults now. 

Ricky and Etta had actually just gotten back from their first solo adventure, from a farm called Patch of Heaven. 

"There was nothing like it" Etta said, having really enjoyed herself. 

"Yeah, we really showed those cattle rustlers" Ricky boasted. 

"Hey, have you guys seen your mom?" Kali asked them. 

"I think she went out to pick berries" Etta replied. 

Kali then left to go find Ginger while the others stayed behind.

"You know I think she loves that chicken more than us" Cynthia joked. 

"So, how have you been doing lately, Nobby?" David asked the British rooster. 

The Akids noticed the mess around his spot and the bits of chicken feed all over the floor. 

"Oh, yeah. Life is great" Nobby placed his wings behind his head, his sock hat barely able to fit him anymore. "Couldn't be happier"

"Mom's trying to kick him out of the house" Ricky told the kids, spilling the beans. 

"Well, I can't say I blame Ginger" Brock admitted, looking around seeing what a slob Nobby had become. 

"You know what you need Nobby?..." Ann told the British rooster. "A girlfriend"

"Blah! Excuse me while I barf" Nobby stuck out his tounge before glowering over at Ricky. "Butt face"

"Oooh, nice come back" Ricky said sarcastically to his uncle before heading out the door with Etta. "Love you too... Tinkle feathers"

The Akids all looked at Nobby, about to laugh before the British rooster warned them. "Not one word!" 

Kali was wandering about around the island looking for Ginger, before she soon found her up on the hill picking berries. 

"Hey, Ginger" She greeted her favorite chicken. 

"Oh, hi, Kali" Ginger smiled back at the adventure girl. 

"How's it going?" Kali asked. 

"Pretty good" Ginger replied while she continued picking berries. 

"Where's Molly?" Kali then asked. 

Right on cue, Molly came down from her tree, landing behind the human girl and British hen. 

"Hi, Mum" The now 11-year-old hen greeted her mother. 

"Oh" Ginger turned to face her daughter. "Hello, darling"

"Hi, Molly!" Kali greeted, bending down to her level. 

"Kali!" Molly beamed, jumping into the human girl's arms and hugged her. 

Kali chuckled before placing Molly back down. "Oh, you must've grown at least 3 inches since I last saw you"

Molly giggled. "Well, I am a big brave girl. That's what Mum always says"

Ginger smiled to her daughter before Molly then spotted her father down by the shore with Nick and Fetcher and called out to them. "Hi, Dad! Uncle Nick! Uncle Fetcher!"