Chapter 10

"Ugh. What's taking so long?" Reginald said, as he had been waiting outside this entire time. "So much for fast food" 

Just then, Reginald noticed the doors starting to rattle. Finding that strange, he obviously had to come up to investigate. 

"That's funny" He said. "Sounds like a..."

Suddenly the doors burst open, revealing all the collared hens piling out. 

"Stampede!" Reginald shouted as he was knocked over by a flood of chickens. 

Nobby was leading the captive hens to the truck but was shown to already be exhausted. 

"Ah! I really need to start exercising more" The overweight British rooster panted. 

Suddenly, Nobby fell hard to the ground as someone had bumped into him from behind. He groaned, turning over onto his back to see what had hit him, he looked up gasping. 

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry" A cream colored hen with a collar on apologized. 

Nobby's beak suddenly turned red and his heart was pounding like crazy. This was the most beautiful hen he had ever layed eyes on. 

"You're welcome..." Nobby replied before snapping out of his daydream. "I mean! No, no! It was my fault"

The two stood up, dusting themselves off before the cream hen introduced herself. "I'm Greta"

"Nobby" The British rooster smiled.

"Gee, are you always this strong?" Greta started blushing at the overweight British rooster. 

"Well..." Nobby puffed out his chest, starting to boast. "I work out... A lot" 

"Quit fooling around! Let's go!" Bunty and the Akids suddenly snapped the two love birds out of their trance, heading towards the truck. 

"Get your skates on!" David told the hens. 

"Come on! Hurry up! Let's go!" Brock and Ann added. 

"We haven't got all day!" Cynthia said impatiently. 

"Move your tail feathers!" Teeders added before all the hens were safely in the back of the truck.

The Chicken Squad and Akids then joined them right as Kali and the Rhodes family came running out of the lab with Frizzle and the rats. Ginger climbed up into the driver's seat, quickly joined by the others while Kali took her position at the wheel. 

"Do you even know how to drive this thing?" Etta asked as she and Ricky climbed into the truck, joining their parents and sister. 

"How hard could it be?" The adventure girl shrugged her shoulders, even though deep down she was nervous. 

"Oh, Lord" Ricky felt like he was going to panic. 

Kali was too short to reach the pedals. Luckily, Nick and Fetcher had her covered. 

"You sure you know how this works?" Fetcher asked his brother. 

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah" Nick pointed to each pedal. "Go, stop, and a spare one?" 

"Come on! We have to go!" Ginger told the rats as the chickens took their seats next to Kali. 

"Full speed ahead!" Rocky added. 

Nick pressed down on one of the pedals before the truck jerked backwards, causing the gang to yelp. 

"Wrong way!" Ginger said. 

"I thought you said you knew how this works!" Kali glared at the rats. 

Nick glared at Fetcher, blaming him. "What gear are you in?"