→ Chapter 6

Teju’s pov

Karan has taken all over his mom’s features.. his mom came towards me and held my face..

“Tum sach mein bhut sundar ho.. apni beti se kab milwa rhi ho ?” I was beyond shocked at her questions.. was his family really this nice.. will tia actually be loved there..

“Maa..” karan called her

“i think papa wait kr rhe honge.. aap jao I’ll come in a minute..” he said and his mom went out

“Tejasswi.. meri chachi and Tanzeel ko issue hoga.. they’ll not be happy about this.. but baaki khush honge.. they respect my decisions and choices.. and main humesha rhunga tum dono ko defend krne ke liye.. not just in front of Tanzeel and chachi but poori duniya ke saamne.. take your time and agar haan ho.. toh ek baar tia ko ghar le aana.. come..” he dropped me off till the cab and then left.. whereas i was just thinking about the marriage offer.. i reached home and after playing with tia.. i went to mom’s room and called unnati there..

i told them everything about my conversation with karan to them

“teju ek baar unse properly milne mein kya ja rha hai.. tu bta.. tujhe lgta hai ki Karan jhooth bol rha hai..” i shook my head..

“Haan kr de Teju.. mujhe bhut deep feeling aa rhi hai ki tu karan ke saath khush rhegi..” unnati said and i nodded

Next morning i went to karan’s office.. the receptionist saw me and smilingly allowed me to go in without asking further questions.. i knocked on the door and this time he opened the door himself..

“Uhh.. come in..” we went to the couch there and i sat beside him

“I thought about it.. and.. it’s yes from me.. but meri yes.. tia pe bhi depend kregi.. i m not sure yeh work krega agar tia tumhare aapke ghr m comfortable na hui toh..”

“It’s fine.. agar tia comfortable nhi hui.. toh m bhi yeh idea drop kr dunga..” he said and that bring me a little comfort

“Aap aaj.. apne mom aur dad ke saath ghr aa skte hain ?” I asked and he nodded

I came back home early today and saw my mom and unnati running here and there.. ooh god.. them and their excitement.. unnati ran towards me..

“Chal chal ready ho ja.. tere liye anarkali suit nikal rkha hai..” she said hurriedly

“Unnati.. main plain kurti pehen ne wali hun.. and not some heavy anarkali..” i replied going towards my room..

It was around 8 that i was doing my work on laptop..

“Bs kr.. jija ji aa gye hain..” i looked up to see unnati entering with a smirk.. i got up from the bed and went towards the mirror.. i was wearing the black chikankari suit.. it looked pretty on me.. i picked up my earrings when mom entered

“Teju jaldi chal beta..” she said hurriedly

“Chalte chalte pehen liyo.. aaja..” unnati said and i went out wearing the earrings

karan’s pov

Mom and dad were so happy meeting Tia and Tejasswi’s mom.. I hope sab thik ho.. tia also seemed happy with mom dad and me.. and it’s all that mattered.. I looked towards the stairs to see Tejasswi coming down wearing a suit.. she looks so pretty in ethnic.. she looked up and paused when she saw tia playing happily with mom dad.. i know what she’s thinking.. she came down and met my parents.. mom made her sit beside her and talked to her while i was feeling.. I don’t even know how i am feeling..
it feels right.. but Tejasswi does not seem to be happy with the decision.. i know.. suddenly her life will change.. her insecurities are valid.. and so is her fear

To be continue......