[22] What was I thinking? ✔️

TW!!!!!! Mention on Death

Alexis' POV

"You have to be fucking kidding me."

I groan at my obliviousness, "you know I was kinda suspicious of you since the beginning, but then I felt kinda bad about how much of a looser you acted." "Well HYDRA had to get to you some how." 'Daphne Jones' says. "Is your name even Daphne?" She shakes her head. "Did you pick the name, I'm might use that next time I need a name-" "You talk to much." I glare at her, "nah because normally how this goes is that we keep talking as I try to distract you from starting a fight. Because I'm now realizing I don't know how to fight and the last time I was in a fight I was running on adrenaline and high of being thrown into another universe. And I can see your getting really annoyed by me talking so mu-" she pushes me in the face. I clutch my noes but im suddenly on my back. "What the fuck that hurt." She has an annoyed look in her eyes. She takes out a blade and was going to strike me but as i cover my face I felt my magic make a shiled just in time. "Fucking hell." Okay magic is instinctual. I grab my blade from my belt and get up quickly. I try to remember moves I learned from the movies and playing pretend with my siblings.

Unfortunately that's not how it works. I get nicked on the cheek. I was going to use my blade again but my blade is thrown up from my hand and Daphne now has it in her hand. "Shit." I quickly recover from the shock of her move and go for a punch, she cuts my hand and she pulls me towards her chest. She managed to get my wrist and I suddenly feel piercing pain on my back. My eyes widen at the pain and I look at her in the eyes, she smiles darkly. "HYDRA won't have to deal with you anymore, now do we?" I feel a tear come from my eyes and my chest feels tight. I let out a cough, "oh are you having a bit of trouble talking now?" She tosses me hard on the ground, since the blade is still stuck I see she makes a mark on leg and jumps out the window.

I can't move my legs and feel like lead, I groan and choke a bit on my blood. I go for my ear piece but I stop and go for the blade in my back. I let out a yell as I pull, I know I shouldn't pull it out but I can't heal if it is still in my back. Oh im 100% never allowed back on a mission if they find out. Or i don't heal fast enough. Either way I'm dead.

I finally managed to take out the blade and try to lean against the side of the bed their. As I'm trying to clear my air ways I see the blade and relize it was my blade. Not only am I stabbed in the back metaphorically but also physically stabbed in the back. She used my own weapon against me. ...rude.

As my vision grows blurred and my breaths become more labored I start to panic a bit. What if this is how I die? Dead in universe that isn't mine. My family is not here. My body won't be with my dad. With my grandma. With my uncle. My mom won't never find out what happened to her child. She won't even get to see my body again. I let out a choked up sob, I'm in a universe where superheros are real and I have magic and I still die like this. What was I thinking? I should have asked. Begged. Stan to send me back home. I should be in my home where I share a room with my sibling and have my mom a couple rooms over. I should be at home. Safe.

At some point I had closed my eyes and try to focus on my family, my friends, the avengers, the future I could have had. My breathing becomes slow like I'm finally going to sleep after being awake for a hundred years. I panic for a second but im too tired, I take in a deep breath through my noes. Like I'm going to hold it in and jumping into the pool.

Then I don't feel anything. I don't think anything, but I do hear something. Something loud. I don't process it.

Then nothing.

A/N I don't know how I did it but I did it. It just flowed from brain and my fingers did the typing. Hope yall liked it.

September 5, 2023