𝑮𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈'𝒔 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒔

𝑮𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈'𝒔 𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒔—-𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓

𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠- —4 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐢𝐬𝐞

When I was 13 my father told me the truth about reality. He gave me a stack of books with included topics of the human mind and the science that involved it; telling me to read them all from start to finish.

My younger self found it a bother but read them anyways as I had nothing better to do. I never got along with the kids my age so I was always inside.

The first book I read was about a group of young boys who found themselves stranded on an island. As I read on I found myself understanding the true horror. Even at their young age they were subjected to such evil. They killed and did horrible things because of that certain ingrained nature inside of them.

13 year old me couldn't believe it. I spent countless nights after awake restless. I could be left in dark spaces and I clung to my parents with the intention of never letting go.

My fathers plan had worked. I now had the knowledge of the true human capabilities. Even now I still find it hard to sleep undisturbed.

Now because of this occurrence, I am now faced with a similar situation of ugly human nature. But I'm reality.

Just as I was then, I am still afraid of the dark.

Either the physical darkness

Or the darkness of the human soul.

Seungmin sat on the floor almost heaving, holding his hand to his chest as he was almost in a state of hyperventilating. Jeongin choked next to him, most likely have a shock when seungmin was thrown at him.

Jisung slid down the door catching his breath as he watched the shooked faces of the other onlookers.

"What?" He huffed as brought his hand to comb through his hair. Hyunjin cleared his throat and awkwardly looked at the breathless Seungmin.

"You just...saved seungmin." He looked away from Jisung confused gaze and opted to watch seungmin choke. Chan and changbin had seated themselves near the teacher desk, looking through the small cabinet but also watching the others.

"Umm yeah? Why wouldn't I?" Felix and Hyunjin looked at each other with a blank stare before staring at Jisung who figured out their confusion. "Yes he is a dickhead but I couldn't leave him. I'm not that bad"

Seungmin frowned at the comment but chose to ignore it, instead standing up awkwardly. He stared at Jisung who raised an eyebrow at his now stiffness. He stood there for an odd few moments, seeming to be mentally battling with himself.

"Uh...thanks I guess." He avoided eye contact and muttered. His ears were a little red and Jisung was barely able to hear it but he did.

Jisung gloatingly smirked, "sorry what was that?"

Seungmins face flared up as he bit his cheek. He brought his arms to cross over his chest. "Fuck off, I said thanks asshole"

Jisung grinned, satisfied and looked towards the now less frazzled Jeongin.
"Oh yeah sorry for throwing seungmin on you. It was the heat of the moment kind of thing."

Jeongin only smiled and shook his head. "It's fine I understand. But alittle warning next time."

Jisung nodded and they left it at that.

Minho, on the other hand, had made himself comfortable in the corner. To everyone around he looked calm. But in the inside, he was panicked and flawed.

His cracks had already shown to the group. He couldn't take it back. He was scolding himself mentally and felt drained. He was breaking slowly and his cracks were getting bigger. It was only a matter of time before he completely lost it.

He had realised that it was Hyunjin behind the door he spoke to. It was weird. He knew Hyunjins reputation so he was surprised when the party boy was comforting the bully minho was.

Felix was discreetly sending minho glances from his seat in the desk. But
Minho made it his task to ignore all of them.

The room they were in was the maths block. It was a slightly bigger room that the one they were in before with 5 rows of tables and a desk at the front. Nothing too special really with a few mathematical decorations littered around the room.

Seungmin had now recovered from his minor episode of shock, his hands slightly shaking still and his knee bouncing in the floor. He was seated at a computer, turning it on and entering his school login.

Jeongin and Hyunjin were quick to flock to his side as they watched him attempt to find a way of communication to emergency services.

"Nothings working. It seems all services are down." Seungmin concluded at he stared at the screen that showed almost useless information. Chan sighed as he looked at the screen from where he was.

"There's got to be a way to get out of here" he huffed and ran his hands down his face. Changbin eyed the group before reaching around his jacket, gripping his pocket with the intent to take something out. But after a little thinking he decided against it.

"Well we can stay here for too long. We can maybe stay here the night or something?" Jisung suggested, scratching his head as he looked at the displeased faces of his classmates.

Jeongin shook his head and held his skateboard to his chest. "I need to get my sister."

"Don't go playing hero. It's dangerous kid." Changbin grunted. The boy gave him an annoyed glare and completely disregarding his comment.

"She could be in danger. She isn't much of a fighter so I need to make sure she's safe."

Hyunjin nodded in agreement. He was also in worry of his younger siblings and fully understood Jeongins fear. Seungmin silently agreed but didn't bother to show it as he continued to tear apart the computer for a source of usefulness.

"I get it. I have two sisters, one being here but you can't get yourself killed in the making. Look," he paused and sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose, "we will make a plan to escape, find our siblings and all of that. But a safer option is best aswell"

Jeongin pouted but had understanding to what he was saying. He hung his head low before begrudgingly nodding.

"I guess we are going to have to make ourselves comfortable. We'll be here a while" Chan grumbled as his hope to find something useful in the classroom had vanished.

"This is gonna be a long and uncomfortable night"

AN:
Seungmin is feeling alittle fear now. After Jisung became his knight in shinning armer!

Jeongin and Hyunjin worry about their siblings and Chan and changbin steer the group in hope of keeping everyone safe.

Minho feels the after effects hit him hard as he wallows in self pity and embarrassment, whilst Hyunjin aims to make him feels as comfortable as possible. And Felix keeps a watchful out for his brother.

A lot to unpack here...