Chapter 5

Tae woke up the next day to the rich aromatic smell. For a moment, he felt like... if he go to the kitchen now, he would see his mother humming a tune while happily cooking breakfast. Tae didn't move. He didn't really wanna go to the kitchen because he knew. He knew that once he move from the bed and actually go into the kitchen, he would not see his mother. So he just closed his eyes and held onto the feeling a little longer.

Today's his birthday. And the feeling cannot be put into words about how desperately Tae misses his mom and dad today. Still, he tried to write it down on his diary.

Mom... The burdens are getting too much. I can't pay the bills. I can't buy good clothes for Joe. Mom, I don't think I am taking good care of Joe. I hope you and dad are here, so that he can be happy and carefree, just like the other kids his age.

"Happy Birthday, Hyung!" Joe opened the door abruptly.

Tae immediately closed his diary and slid it under the blanket. Then he smiled at his brother who came running to him and jumped on the bed, crushing him into a hug.

"Thank you, lil bro" Tae said, patting Joe's head.

Joe looked up from the hug, "Guess what I made for us?"

Tae made a gesture like he was thinking hard but came up with nothing and just shrugged, "What?"

"Seaweed soup! Come, lets have it"

The breakfast Joe made was neatly arranged on the small table infront of the sofa. And they both dove into it without wasting a second.

"Hmmm... its so good!" Tae exclaimed, not having any idea that his little brother can cook like this. "Where did you learn to cook like this? This is just like mom's!" Tae said without looking up from his bowl. Joe's lips curved up into a smile, happy that his effort got paid off. He had been wanting to do something special for Tae's birthday, so he secretly worked on his cooking skills for a month now.

Jungkook woke up to the sound of his phone ringing.

"Hello..." he said groggily into the phone.

"Fixed up a match today. Guess who!" An over enthusiastic male voice sounded from the other end.

"I can't, Noah" Jungkook said before the guy could get his hopes up.

"What? Hey... is this Jungkook?"

"Fuck off"

"Yeah. You are Jungkook. THE MONSTER of the underground saying he can't fight a match?"

"Dude, I am on the bed unable to move for the past ten days. So end this call right now before i knock you off once I got back up" Jungkook barked and abruptly ended the call. .

Noah was annoying sometimes. But the reason Jungkook keeps him around was because he can fix up a match just like that. No matter who Jungkook wanna fight with, Noah could easily find a way to make it happen.

Jungkook had been involved in the underground fighting since he was 17. By 20, He became THE MONSTER of the underground, who everyone wants a match to try and beat him but no one succeeded till now. That's how he got the name THE MONSTER.

Jin raised him up to be a kind hearted, soft person but at the same time, hired a professional fighter to teach him how to fight from a very young age. Jin wanted his son to learn to defend himself if situation calls for it. But he had no idea that his son would go around looking for trouble in the underground. Jungkook couldn't guess how his father would react if he got to know about Kook getting into illegal matches. So he kept it quiet. He would be like any other regular kid during the day but at nights, he would become someone entirely different that sometimes even his own friends would get afraid of him.