10: A Night To Remember

GOOSEBUMPSCHAPTER TEN

GOOSEBUMPS
CHAPTER TEN

IN THE COMING weeks after everything had happened, they had all tried to support Nolan. It was the night of the dance, and honestly, he didn't wanna go at all. Dakota was there, with his suit, and was begging him to come with the group.

"Dakota, please. I don't wanna go. I'm not in a dancing mood. I'm not even sure how any of you are", Nolan frowned.

"Because we all deserve a good time after what went down", Dakota said gently, her full lips turned down into a frown. "We all deserve to feel safe and whole again, and so do you. I know it can be hard. We're the only people in the world who know the truth of what happened. It sucks, and it hurts, but it is what it is", she continued. "We can choose to live in that night forever, or we can choose to move forward. So, move forward with the rest of us, Nolan, please. Besides, R.L. said he has a surprise for all of us tonight. Maybe it'll lift your spirits."

Nolan had stopped visiting the Stine household after everything. He was the only one who didn't keep in touch. No one really blamed him. He looked at Dakota's hopeful face and then at the black suit she held. "Fine", he sighed, sitting up and taking it. "I'll show up, but I won't like it."

"I'm sure you'll change that tune", Dakota grinned.

"Oh my God, hi guys", Genesis squealed, rushing to hug her friends when the two arrived

"Oh my God, hi guys", Genesis squealed, rushing to hug her friends when the two arrived. Genesis had really changed after everything went down. She was much more open and kind, much softer.

"Hey, Gen", Nolan greeted, though it wasn't the peppiest.

"I'm honestly surprised she managed to get you out of the house", Genesis joked.

Nolan chuckled. "Yeah, Dakota can be quite persuasive when she wants to be. Or maybe inspiring is the better word to use there."

"Well, we're all glad to see you, Nolan", Caleb greeted.

"How have you been?", Nolan asked awkwardly. Yeah, those two definitely didn't talk.

"I've been fine", Caleb shrugged. "A lot healthier. I'm actually moving, so I won't be here with you guys this semester. I got accepted into this really cool sports program that could literally change my life, so..."