15: Fun (Riku)

15: Fun

I ended up asking Emi if she wanted to stay the night at my house while her father was away. I felt she hated being lonely, and if I had to be honest I do as well. I had never realized how much I've missed a person's company. I shut down a lot after the death of my parents. I didn't bother holding onto friendships nor did I try to make new ones. I could care less for dates, and I could care less to search for them. However, with Emi it just felt so humble.

"Can I really?" She asked nervously. "I don't want to impose at all."

"I would love that." I smiled.

-

When we got to my place I showed her the shower so she could take one before heading to bed. I knew we both had work tomorrow so we couldn't stay up too too late. My phone kept vibrating and I finally looked at it. I was drilled with text messages from Ayame.

Ayame: Hey can we talk?

Ayame: How can you just fire me? I need to pay rent.

Ayame: Are you fucking Emi or something?? Do you like her?

Ayame: I don't get it! I have been nothing but good to you!

I sighed knowing this was borderline harassment, but I knew my grandpa would not be happy if I report her like that. I decided to step outside and call her. She picked up almost instantly.

"Riku!" She said hopefully.

"Ayame, stop spam texting me." I started.

"Why can't we talk this out? I still want to work there. Please?"

"Sorry Ayame. I'm just going to tell you this once. I don't like anyone, but if I did it isn't going to be your business. Also, I don't mind being friends but I need some time. I'm going to block you and I'll contact you when I am ready. Goodbye." I hung up before she could respond. Luckily she doesn't know where my new place is and I already told my grandfather to not tell her my whereabouts. The only thing is I fear she will just stalk me and find out anyway.

-

I went back in and I saw Emi was already done her shower. She was wearing one of my oversized t shirts and browsing my selection of games. It was a cute moment just to watch her in awe. She must of heard me because her head quickly swung around.

"Oh sorry! I didn't know where you went so I just saw all these games and thought they look cool."

I looked at the clock. It was already ten. We have work at seven. I guess we had some time to spare.

"Want to play one?" I smirked.

"Okay! I am not a gamer so you'll probably whoop my ass." She laughed. "I like this one because the cover is colorful and I love racing games." She held up Mario Kart 8. My girlfriend Emi hated this game because I would always beat her. It was nice that this Emi wanted to try it though.

"Oh you'll get beaten for sure." I chuckled.

-

We raced and race and her adaptation to the game was amazing. She started getting me and sniping first place. I guess I did the typical thing with not trying as hard and letting her win some, but eventually I started focusing to beat her.

"Hah first again. I guess the king is now the servant to the queen!" She poked my shoulders repeatedly. I grinned and started up the next race.

I focused on the final stretch of the race. She was clearly about to get first place again until I blew in her ear the last second which made her flinch and lose control and she ended up getting third.

"Hey you cheated!" She whined as she playfully slapped my arms repeatedly.

"Can't help it, you were embarrassing me." I laughed.

"Oh shit, it's two in the morning." She was staring at the clock.

"I guess you were having fun yeah?" I said smiling at her. She looked like a whole new girl when she was having fun. I liked it a lot.

"I haven't had this much fun in a while. Shows how lame I am." She chuckled.

"You aren't at all. We should play games on days you need the company. How about that?" I nudged her.

She blushed and nodded.

"That would be really nice. We should head to bed though."

I felt a sensation in my chest as if I didn't want this moment to end. I wanted to game it up with her all night. I wanted to show her more stuff. I wanted to play guitar for her. Hell, I wanted to even tell her my whole life story. I didn't know how to convey it well unfortunately.

"You want to fall asleep to a movie?" I said trying to be smooth.

"Here? On the couch like before?" She asked.

"My room has a tv. I won't do funny stuff. I'll even sleep on the floor." I smiled.

I could see her face growing pink just thinking of it. She bit her lip debating what she wanted to say.

"Okay, but you on the floor for real!" She smiled.

-

We ended up putting some old horror film called Marnie by Alfred Hitchcock. I didn't really pay attention to it at all. I was just thinking about Emi and what I was doing with her like this. Do I like her? I have no idea. I haven't had any romantic feelings since Emi's death.

I could hear her breathing softly. I got up and pulled the blanket over her. She looked really peaceful while she slept. I smiled and gathered myself to sleep in the guest room. It's better to stay away from her before I do anything I might regret.

"Don't leave." She said quietly before I left the room. "Stay.." she spoke in her sleep.

I hesitantly lied down next to her since my bed was a queen size. I kept a distance and felt a tear spill from my eye.

To Be Continued