Chapter 9- Up in Flames (+A/N)

(HOW DID WE REACH 3.3K VIEWS?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!

I NEED TO KNOW.

THANK YOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!)

Second Period.

Fun.

The day had already started, and Russia was feeling tired.

As he walked on to Science, he decided that would be the day he would finally say sorry. The events still flashed in his mind. Not many knew why Russia and America seemed upset. In truth, they both wanted to be friends, but something prevented that.

They both knew as clear as day. The argument America had with his grandfather. How he told Russia, in tears, that he had to break their friendship. Russia had yelled at him that it didn't have to be like that.

He shouldn't have yelled. 

Russia rubbed the temples of his head. Stop it. He thought. Clear your head. Get a good grade on whatever needs to be completed today. Apologize to him. It's simple.

He walked into class, ignoring everyone possible. What were they doing today? As if he had read his mind, America spoke.

"I'm excited for today's lab, aren't you?" he asked, "Do you know how to light a match with another and a rubber band?" The response was no. Apparently, that was a common answer, as more of the countries chatted, they said the same thing.

Russia did a quick head count. Egypt, Jordan, Türkiye, Greece, Pakistan, Lebanon, Tunisia... 

EU walked in and took out some papers while scanning the room. As the bell rang, he took attendance. Nearly everyone was here except, Cuba?

"She's sick." Haiti called from the back, "Mexico's at her house to take care of her, since she lives alone." 

"Got it. Thank you, Haiti." EU replied.

When the teacher was done with that, he moved onto the lesson, showing a quick tutorial of their lab. He also reminded them for all the rules about fire hazards. Russia never understood these rules; What idiot would throw a live flame into the trash can?

"And remember: Fire blankets are used for people, not for fires. Fire extinguishers are for fires, not people. With that, you may begin." 

Of course people struggled.

The rubber band had to be pulled far enough back, it had to be tight enough, you had to angle the second match right, and so much more that made it difficult. Russia had already tried it 8 times. He could see the struggle at his table. 

"No way! How?" Someone exclaimed.

Russia turned around to find a gang of countries surrounding China, who successfully did it. North Korea looked impressed.

"First try? Nice." He complemented.

Russia rolled his eyes and looked towards Japan and America. They weren't there, they were walking towards China, probably to ask for assistance. A few moments later, Egypt also go it. America went to her instead, since China wasn't going to help him and Egypt was all too willing.

Russia felt tired, it felt like everything was in slow motion. He probably overslept again. That was fun. 

As the class started talking about China and Egypt's methods, Russia decided he'd rather try to figure it out on his own.