𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖

SOO-WON'S GRIP TIGHTENED, his own thoughts racing as he continued to listen to what Ruelle had told him

How dare he? Exploiting a child in the name of preserving good relations with those generals?

Although his face showed no indication of his thoughts, Ruelle could tell he was not happy—especially from the silence in the room.

"Then... what happened next?" Soo-Won asked softly, putting his own grudges below the concern for his future wife.

"Well," she smiled sadly, "I did what any child would do. I told the one whom I was closest to..."

It was as if the wind was on my side, the warm breeze was slowly transitioning into the chilly breeze of the winter, as if reading the situation well. I may not have been completely immersed in the political world, but I knew that my kingdom and I were in a terrible position. It so happened that I stumbled upon a familiar blue-eyed boy.

"Hak!"

The said boy turned his head, lowering the spear in his hand as he took a break from his personal training.

"RuRu? What are you doing here so late?"

"It's all fake Hak! Everything! He wants you to do something bad against my country! I don't know what! B-but he! He!"

By this point, I was out of breath from running, my thoughts were in shambles, and I could barely form a comprehensible statement.

"Woah woah," Hak quickly interjected, "Slow down tiger! What are you rambling about?"

"King Il!" I managed to sputter, only to be interrupted by another voice.

"What about father?"

The two of us turned to see the redhead with a frown on her face, "If you two were going to hang out, you should've invited me!"

"Yona that's not–" Hak attempted to explain, "I just happened to run into RuRu as she was in a panic."

"A panic? Why would she be in a panic? You're going to be my personal knight and closest friend," Yona pouted, "Do you not want to protect me? Is that why you're always wandering off with her instead of me? It's because of my unruly red hair isn't it?"

"Yona your hair is as unruly as everyone else's hair," Hak seemed to lightly joke with her, only to earn another whine from the redheaded princess.

"Hak..!"

Suddenly the situation seemed to revolve around Yona— again . Like every single interaction that I had with Hak before this, and it didn't seem to bother the boy in the slightest. As if he had fully accepted the fact and left no room to argue.