𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒

WITH A SIGH, the lotus princess walked through the halls of the palace, admiring the light rain that was dripping, only to hear a voice mumbling

WITH A SIGH, the lotus princess walked through the halls of the palace, admiring the light rain that was dripping, only to hear a voice mumbling. Curiously, she walked to the edge of the hall and eavesdropped. The voice belonged to Yona, who seemed to be in a dreary mood, much like the rainy weather was.

"But it's true.... In Soo-Won's eyes, I'm still the same child I was back then," she muttered, "Soo-Won and I were never meant to be.."

Ruelle was about to walk away when suddenly she accidentally stepped in a puddle. The puddle seemed to startle Yona out of her thoughts and the lotus princess inwardly grimaced. She would have to face the spoiled princess now.

"Who's there?" Yona announced, "Hak? It's you again, isn't it? Only you would do something so senseless."

With another sigh, Ruelle opened her fan to cover her face and reached her hand out to show she was non-threatening. However, it seemed her action had the opposite effect and immediately Yona took off running. The action shocked Ruelle and her first instinct was to run after her, but doing so seemed to scare Yona even more.

"No.. it can't be!" the red-haired princess gasped to herself.

Thoughts about what her father had told her about her mother being killed by insurgents began to ring in her head. In her state of panic, she ran right into Soo-Won's sleeping quarters and slammed the door shut behind her.

Suddenly, she felt a pair of hands wrap around her mouth and pull her backwards. With a shriek of terror, she jumped out of the person's arms, only to hear Soo-Won's voice.

"Yona?" he said curiously.

"Soo-Won.." she mumbled, heart still racing.

"I'm sorry. Did I frighten you?" he apologized, letting go of her, "You did come in without warning."

"Yona–"

"A s-strange person came after me," she stuttered, hugging herself to calm down.

Soo-Won opened the doors to the outside of the room, only to see Ruelle standing there with a confused expression. The blonde male momentarily shut the door behind him so Yona wouldn't hear their conversation.

"Quite a strange person indeed," Soo-Won had to stifle the chuckle that threatened to leave his lips.

Ruelle let out a scoff, "I didn't mean to scare the poor thing. It seemed she already had a lot on her mind."

"Yes yes, I know you wouldn't do it on purpose," he smiled at her, "I haven't seen you since the training grounds. Where were you?"

"Actually working," she jabbed, "Unlike a certain womanizer here."

"Ru-Jia," he whined, only to be whacked in the face with her fan.

Ruelle was not normally a jealous person, no she would like to say she couldn't care less about what others had. However, Soo-Won's innocent view on Yona's obvious feelings towards him did not please her. Paired with the fact that Yona was crying in his room and that it was raining incredibly heavily outside now, her mood had once again soured.