𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟑

━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━

YONA'S POV

━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━

FIXING HER HAIR ANXIOUSLY, Princess Yona stared at the two large double doors with apprehension. She then twirled herself around, patting down her skirt and taking a few breaths to calm herself down. With her eyes shut closed, she excitedly pushed the doors open.

"G-Good morning, Soo-Won!" she shouted, "I have some of our best sweets! Would you like.. to—"

With a pause, Yona glanced all around the room realizing she was met with silence. There was nobody in the room. She soon heard the sound of footsteps walking down the hall behind her.

Walking past her was her father and one of the servants.

"What's the matter, Yona?" her father asked.

When Yona hesitated, the servant then whispered to her, "If you're looking for Lord Soo-Won, he is with General Hak. He and the lady left early this morning."

"Eh?"

As Yona made her way to the training grounds, she couldn't help but feel a growing sense of unease. It was normal at this point to continuously feel disappointed by Soo-Won's ignorance towards her feelings, but even Hak seemed to be acting differently.

━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━

"No fair, Hak!" Yona pouted, "How could you set me aside and have fun with Soo-Won?"

"Now, now..." her father sighed, "They haven't seen one another in some time, either."

The two males then set off on their horses down the track, bow and arrows in hand. Soo-Won had gotten the head start, but his aim was off ever so slightly. Following closely behind was Hak, who managed to hit a bullseye. As expected of the future leader of the Wind Tribe.

"Well done, Hak." Soo-Won smiled.

"You were magnificent yourself, Lord Soo-Won."

In one of the viewing boxes, Ruelle sat with her white fan covering her face. It was shaded in a way that made it difficult for anyone far away to get a glimpse of her. However, Soo-Won held up the bow and pulled it up towards the sky, seemingly aiming it right at her.

"Next time, I'll strike it right in the heart," he stated confidently, "For I have someone to impress now."

"Someone to impress?" Hak muttered, "I heard you brought a woman with you. I didn't take you for that kind of guy, Lord Soo-Won."

With a confused glance, Soo-Won lowered his bow.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"The woman you brought with you," Hak explained, "Is she a concubine? Rumors are circulating about her."