𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟎

HAK STARED ANXIOUSLY, his fists balled as he watched the knife inch closer to Princess Yona's neck

"H-Hak.."

"Yona!"

The blue-haired male had finally realized it. Why he had sensed such a darkness in the Lotus Princess' calm eyes. She was a part of this too, and her betrothed was none other than his best friend, Soo-Won.

"Let her go!" Hak yelled, turning his sword to her, "Why are you doing this, RuRu?!"

"Would you even listen to me if I told you?" the Lotus Princess laughed coldly, "And I believe I said never to call me that again."

"Enough with this bullshit!" the blue-haired general cursed, turning around towards his now ex-friend, "Soo-Won! Are you going to let her kill Yona?!"

Soo-Won swiped his sword, letting the blood slide off in quick succession as he looked at Hak with a cold glare equal to that of his fiance.

"You seem to paint her in a bad light," he commented bitterly, "Love makes people blind. We're no exception, but it appears you've been blinded to all those who suffer around you. Now, as to if I was going to let her kill Yona..."

The blonde took a step closer to the thunder beast, his sword dragging on the patio without a hint of remorse.

"That would be against her moral capabilities," Soo-Won finished, taking another step forward, "She begged me to let you both live, even after you had dragged her name into the mud."

"What are you talking about?!"

"Even after she almost died."

Hak paused in his place, his eyes widening at the declaration.

"What..?" he muttered, eyes darting to the Lotus Princess's face, almost in an attempt to see if he were lying, "What are you talking about?"

"Your 'Kind' King is undeserving of such praise," Soo-won scowled as his arm lifted the sword towards Hak, "Just as we all are for falling for such trickery."

"No.." Yona's voice cracked, her voice now barely above a whisper, "Tell me you're joking.. Soo-won..!"

"I'm afraid the 'Soo-won' you knew was only a shell of who he really is," Ruelle quickly cut in, holding the dagger closer to the redhead's neck, "But that didn't matter to you, did it? Even after all those warning signs, you still refused to leave him alone."

"S-Stop it!"

"Face it, Princess." The brunette whispered coldly, "You are not fit to be ruler, and certainly not somebody worthy of being by Soo-won's side. He deserves somebody who is steadfast and understands his intentions without question. Someone who is as caring yet calculating as he is. Someone with abilities you do not possess, Princess Yona. "