𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏

RU-JIA STARED BLANKLY, a puzzled expression on her face

RU-JIA STARED BLANKLY, a puzzled expression on her face. She wasn't quite sure how she got herself in this situation. Sitting behind her was Soo-Won, who was incredibly close to her. Yes, the two of them were riding her horse with her in front, but she was sure there was more than enough room for them to have their little space bubbles.

She had originally offered to drive the carriage back, but Soo-Won insisted that Kye-Sook could do it. That was what led to the two of them riding her horse back to her castle.

"I had no idea my Queen had such expert riding skills," the blonde complimented, "I'm so lucky.~"

Ruelle let out huff, but couldn't help the small smile creeping its way up to her features. With the cool breeze blowing past them, she couldn't help but feel a hint of sadness wash over her. She hadn't been able to feel anything more than shock, anxiety, and most recently anger until now.

"Ne Soo-Won," she said softly.

"Hm?" he replied, "What is it?"

She paused, her grip tightening on the reigns. She then shook her head.

"Nothing," she breathed, "I'm just glad I reached you in time."

Soo-Won's smile dimmed, knowing that the brown-haired woman must've been thinking very deeply about something. However, if she didn't feel comfortable sharing, he was most certainly not going to pry. He trusted her enough to let her tell him on her own— for he had already learned his lesson.

After a couple hours of chatter, light bickering, and laughter, the walls of Aster Palace appeared on the horizon. They were at the back end of the home of the Lotus Kingdom's Royalty. Never had the sun shining at this time did the castle look as ethereal as it did.

Perhaps, Ru-Jia saw it no longer as a mere fortress but rather the home of her childhood memories, one that she would leave for her new life in Kouka. Soo-Won stared at the grounds, feeling extremely grateful for having the opportunity to meet the Princess of Lotus. For she was to be his loving princess, the Queen of Kouka, and his lover. And he would be her knight, her sword, and... hers.

He subconsciously wrapped his hand over hers. Those of which were holding the reins, as the two watched the walls grow gradually taller and taller until eventually they were towering above the pair. He then elegantly leaped off the horse, extending his hand out to the beautiful woman he would call his wife.

━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━

"Father."

Ruelle said softly, her hand delicately rubbing circles into her father's hand, "How is your health?"

"Ah RuRu," he smiled, "It's wonderful as usual."

The Princess let out a sigh, "As prideful as ever, father."