𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐

AS THE CARRIAGE ARRIVED, the pair was met with the sight of tall stone walls and soldiers lining the perimeter

AS THE CARRIAGE ARRIVED, the pair was met with the sight of tall stone walls and soldiers lining the perimeter. A male in silver armor met the carriage at the front, taking a look at Soo-Won's identification card.

"Lord Soo-Won," he nodded, "And you are accompanied by?"

"My fiance," the blonde smiled, "She is my guest."

"Understood," the soldier nodded once more, "My congratulations."

Soo-Won gave the knight a curt nod as the carriage carried on its way through the heavy doors. They had just entered within the walls of the palace of Kouka. The first thing Ru-Jia noticed was the sudden lack of guards stationed on the inside. While the outer walls were filled with soldiers clad in armor, the inside was quite the opposite.

There was not a soldier in sight and there even seemed to be little defense weaponry at all. It was as it was those many years ago, a defenseless castle of riches.

Not long after, the carriage had arrived in the courtyard and Kye-Sook stood at the side

Not long after, the carriage had arrived in the courtyard and Kye-Sook stood at the side. Soo-Won stepped out first, his dusty blonde hair swaying in the light breeze that blew past the carriage. He then turned to face his princess, hand stretched out to her. Ruelle accepted it, gracefully stepping out of the carriage.

As her boots made contact with the pavement, her attention was drawn to the beautiful intricate architecture around her. There were several fountains with gardens reaching quite far. The castle itself was an art with beautifully crafted arches and towers overlooking the kingdom itself.

It looked exactly as it did when she was last here, for there was not much changed. The Palace looked as beautiful as usual, that was something she could not deny. Drawing her attention back, she looked over at Soo-Won who seemed to be giving the workers some directions.

All the while, the blonde did not let go of her hand. It made Ruelle smile as she grasped it just a little tighter. The little gesture made Soo-Won turn his head, only to be met with the soft smile of his lover.

"Sorry, did I interrupt you?" Ruelle muttered quietly, about to remove her hand.

"Of course not," Soo-Won quickly interjected, tightening his grasp. He then quickly pulled her forward, "You are the only interruption I want."