Chapter 27

Lily's Pov
It has been two weeks since I sent Conner out of my life. I have not heard or seen him which hurts me a lot but it is what is best for me. Today, I am in the hospital, where I work now as a medical doctor. I have been feeling stomach aches and have been constantly throwing up. I have not even seen my period and it makes me worried. I feel like I am pregnant but I am not going to accept that even though I know it is possible because I have had sex with Conner before without condom or even going on pills. I ran a test on myself and waited for the result. 16 hours later, the test result came out and yes it was positive, I was pregnant. Fuck! I never wanted this because I know nothing about being a mother. How am I going to handle this now? Should I terminate the pregnancy? No, why would I even think that. I am sure I can handle this, it is just a baby, what bad could happen. I took the result and went back home, actually my house this time in New York. I have not returned to Los Angeles since the day Conner left, I wanted to start a new life away from him so I decided to stay here in New York but truth be told I wanted to go back to LA, I wanted to see my mother's cops but I can't because of my dad, if he could kill my mum I am sure he could do the same to me. I went inside my kitchen and cooked something simple, yes I knew how to cook now. I went for cooking lessons because I felt I needed them.

9 months later
I was in the hospital pushing hard for my baby to come out and it did come out successfully. It was a boy. I had a baby now and I am now a mother, I felt so happy seeing my child and held him carefully close to my chest. He looked so much like Conner. He was cute but something flashed in my head that he was like me, a half demon. I swore to protect my child and never reveal to him where he really came from. He had blue eyes like me and black hair, he was indeed pretty.

4 years later
I was in my library going through my medical book when a small head popped out from my door and there he was standing, he had his cute puppy eyes on and then I knew he had done something wrong.

"What is it, baby?" I asked.

"Mummy please forgive me, I broke a plate from the kitchen when I was trying to eat my cereal" he said sadly.

"Diego Quinn!" I yelled. Yes his name was Diego Alexander Quinn. I calmed myself down and then walked up to him. "Did you hurt yourself?" I asked coldly.

"No" he said.

"Good" I said before I walked past him and went to the kitchen to clean up the mess. Yes I was a strict mother but also caring and loving at times. Diego always did as he was told and he never disobeyed me for any reason. He was a good boy who got whatever he wanted as long as he behaved. He also loved to be cold and calm like me outside but with me he was a troublemaker and also noisy sometimes, he was also smart for his age and had some supernatural powers like me. He could run very fast like flash, he had super strength, he also had fangs but he never brought them out, I never allowed him to drink blood for any reason and most of all he could heal within a day. I also made him distance himself from humans to avoid trouble but I made him have two to three human friends. Although I didn't allow them too close to him to avoid trouble.

I was in the bathroom when my phone rang, it was doctor Helen from LA.
"Hello?" I said.

"Hello Lillian. Sorry to disturb you but I need your help with something." She said.

"What is it?" I asked coldly.

"Well you see, my daughter is very sick and I need to take care of her, could you please run my clinic for me while I am away for three months here in LA. Whatever money you make you can keep it as yours, please just help me run the clinic. I know you hate coming to LA but right now I need you, please. You are the only one I can trust, please." She pleaded.

"Fine" I said.

"Thank you so much Lillian, I really appreciate." She said happily.

"Hn" I said before hanging up.

I came out and went to bed immediately.

Conner's Pov
I was in the dining room having lunch with dad before he spoke "son, I was thinking if it is not yet time to settle down and have your own family." He said calmly.

"Of course dad, I was thinking the same." I said truly.

"Great. I was thinking if you could hang around with Shirley, she is a nice and beautiful girl, she is the daughter of one of my business partners, Mr Wayne. What do you say?" He asked smiling.

"Okay then" I said. Maybe that was what made me feel incomplete. I want a family of my own. I wonder how it would feel having a family. I went to my room and fell asleep and I had the weirdest dream ever. I was in a pool of blood having sex with a woman but I couldn't view her face clearly because it was dark but not completely dark. I woke up immediately and just decided to forget the dream but the problem is that it looked so real. It was like I had done it really with her but that can't be. I just stood up and got ready for the day.