First day of school

I woke up to my alarm clock's annoying beeping  signaling a new day had arrived. Unlike most mornings I was actually kind of excited for the school year. I had a chance to make new friends and I had Miguel there so I knew it was gonna be a great year.

I turned off the alarm and felt some resistance and something pulling me back. A pair of arms were wrapped around my waist and only tightened as I tried to get out of bed.

"Nooo, don't go Y/n. You smell so good." A groggy voice said. Miguel still his dreamy state.

"Miguel, we need to get ready for school. You don't want to be late on your first day do you?" I asked, my face flushing red with the closeness we had. I wanted nothing more but to stay like this forever but I couldn't be late, my dad would kill me.

"Fiiiine." He said. His morning voice was so sexy— wait no Y/n. That's your bestfriend you cannot think of him that.

I finally got out of his embrace and grabbed a few clothes so I could go shower. "You can use my bathroom, I'll shower in my dad's. And after I'll make breakfast. There's some towels you can use in the cabinet.""Thank you" the boy said from under my turquoise sheets.

I made my way to bathroom and showered. I got ready in there not bothering to put on much makeup aside from a little mascara and eyeliner. I wore a black and white plaid skirt paired with a white shirt and a letterman's jacket. I put on a pair of sneaker and made my way to the kitchen to make some pan cakes.

A few minutes later Miguel walked in fully dressed with everything need for school. I put his pancakes in a plate for him and handed him the maple syrup. "Enjoy the famous L/n pancakes from the world class, Le Y/n breakfast restaurant." I joked.

We talked a little while having breakfast and as soon as we were done we made our way to school. Miguel and I spent the drive laughing at some weird jokes as we spoke about school and what we'd hope to accomplish this year.

A few minuets later got to school and were greeted but a number of high school students getting dropped off by their parents and them making their way in. I parked the car and walked into school with Miguel by my side.

We got our schedules from the front office and were pleasantly surprised to find that we were in most of the same classes besides english , computer studies and history. We even shared lunch together which was a relief.

"Great, now I don't need to make any other friends besides you, Mig" I said elbowing him.
"As if you could ever replace me N/n. You need me." He said pointing to himself.

I laughed leaning on him, "Nah ah, I could make friends any day of the week. You're just lucky I love you as much as I do." I said. Little did I know that one word made his heart flutter like he makes mine every single day.
I looked down at my schedule and groaned, "I have history first period. I won't have anyone to keep me company."

He laughed and pulled me into a hug, "Don't worry N/n you'll be fine. I'm going to English. I'll see you later."

"Bye Mig." I said as I turned around and walked towards my class.

On my way there I got lost and decided to ask someone for directions to the class. I stopped a girl with beautiful brown hair and vibrant blue eyes and asked her if she could show me the class. Fortunately she was going to that same class.

"My name's Sam by the way."

"It's nice to meet you Sam, I'm Y/n. Im new here and as you can see I know no one." I said with a laugh. She laughed with me and we continued to talk. The walk to the class didn't even seem that long because of the conversation we were enveloped in and soon we got to the class. The room was already starting to fill up with kids my age but a few seats were still empty.