Moment of truth

We were all in the dojo waiting for the lesson to start. 'Sensei' Kreese was amazing all the ears that could listen with his heroic tales of the war.

I didn't care for his stories mainly because they just had way too many inconsistencies. "They were outgunned, we were outmanned. I tell you... Rwanda was no joke."

Rwanda? Sir, if you're gonna lie, lie with accuracy. "Don't you mean Somalia?" I asked. Hawk, Aisha and the other students listening to his story looked at each other in confusion.

"Mogadishu is in Somalia, Rwanda's a whole different country." Miguel said backing me up.

Kreese turned to us, eyeing us up and down. I could see his embarrassment through the anger in his eyes. He chuckled, "Of course, Somalia. I've spent so much time in the sandbox, it all kind of bleeds together you know."

Just then Sensei walked into the dojo, bring our attention to him. "I see we've got some new recruits. Everybody fall in. In neat rows and lines. Time to see what you're made of."

We all fall into our usual places while Sensei walked around the room. "Straighten up ginger twins." He said to one kid.

"I thought my last group of recruits was pathetic. If you do what I tell you to do, you'll at least have a chance of becoming a fighter. But to do that, you gotta fight. So, which one of you has the balls to take on the champ." Sensei questioned.

The room was silent for a moment, I was about to  step up when a voice from the back of the dojo cut through the silence.

"I'll take him in." The students cleared to reveal a tall pretty girl our age. Her hair was brown with some blonde at the end.

"Oh you will huh?" Sensei challenged.

"I saw your little demo at Valley fest. You guys can put on a show. Can you actually fight?" Her confidence was high. I liked that but I was still careful not to get ahead of myself.

"That's sounds like a challenge." Sensei said eyeing the girl.

"I like a challenge."

Sensei stepped back to the front, "Mr Diaz, show Little Miss Hotshot here what Cobra Kai is all about." Miguel bowed and everyone moved to clear the floor so they could spar.

"Look, are you sure you wanna do—" Miguel was cut off when the girl kick him in the stomach. Everyone let out a gasp but even through I hated seeing him hurt, I knew he could handle it.
He let out a chuckle, "Alright. Game on."

They both grunted as they dodge each other's punches and kicks. She was actually pretty good.
They stood on opposite sides in the mat now. "Close the gap." Miguel said with confidence.

The girl ran toward him and threw a kick but Miguel turned the situation around and threw her to the floor. She got up quickly and continued to fight.

Miguel clearly had the upper hand in this fight. The fight seemed to be over. Miguel got up to offer her a hand up and introduced himself. "My names Miguel."

"Tory." She took his hand and threw him over her shoulder. Miguel landed with a thud and she pinned him to the mat. "With a 'Y'."

She got off Miguel and helped him up. I walked over to the pair smiling. "That was impressive Tory. I'm Y/n. I haven't seen another girl beat his ass other than me."

We laughed and started talking a bit more. She seemed like a nice girl. I hope we'll be good friends in the future.

Later that night I laid in bed getting ready to watch a movie when I got a call from Sam. "Hey Sammy. What's up?" I asked cheerfully.

She let out a sigh, "Today was a train wreck." My eyebrows furrowed.