Halloween party

Do you ever read something you've written in the past and just wanted to slap/hug your past self? That was me when I reread this chapter. I hope you enjoy this one
_____________________________

The room was filled with teenagers dancing around the room to electronic music. People stood on all corners of the room with their friends talking and having fun, it was great.

I scanned the room looking for Miguel, Demetri and Eli however before I could find them Sam called me over to her and another girl. Sam was dressed in a Laker girl cheerleading costume while the other girl was dressed as Sodium. The costume would have worked perfectly with the Chloride, I wonder where the other person was.

"Hey Y/n. You look great." Sam greeted me with a hug.

I smiled and complemented her back in her costume. "You look great too. I love the costume. So whose this beautiful lady." I asked pulling away from her.

"This is Aisha. She's a long time friend of mine. Aisha this is Y/n she's new here." Sam smiled and introduced us.

"It's really nice to meet you Aisha, and I love the sodium joke. Where's chloride?" I asked. Both the girls looked awkward at my question. Though Aisha did thank me for the compliment.

"Look Aisha I'm sorry for—" Sam starters to say but was cut off by Aisha.

"No, it's ok. I'd rather go as sexy rather than funny. If I had that option." Aisha said.

"No, don't say that. You can be sexy and who said funny can't be sexy?" I said to the girl.

Sam's friends called out to her just then, asking her to join their live. Sam and Aisha made plans to meet up soon abs it was just her and I left. I offered for her to come join the guys and me but she declined opting to go get a snack from the food table. "I'll see you around. Stay salting my friend."

I weaved my way through the bodies of people when I finally saw the three boys I called my friends. " Hey guys you look great. Demetri, let me guess... necromancer. And Eli... surgeon."

The boys looked impressed when though Eli corrected and told me he was a plastic surgeon specializing in fixing lips. 'This boy is traumatized.'

Miguel hadn't said anything so far he just looked at me with eyes I've never seen before. "You look great N/n. You look beautiful."

"Thank you Mig. You don't look so bad yourself." I said smiling and threw him a wink. After a little dancing or the boy's attempting to and us talking they decided they'd make a move on these other three girls dressed as dragon queens.

I don't know why but a ping rang in my chest at the thought of Miguel with another girl. Even dancing with her. However before they could make their move, the girls were asked by other guys to the dance floor.

Eli stated he needed to use the restroom and all three of the boys followed and left me alone at the punch table. I leaned against a pillar enjoying the music when my phone went off.

I searched my costume for my phone only to be met with a notification that said I got a new message. I opened it and to my absolute horror, it was a video of Aisha depicting her as a pig, eating at the food table with mean words plastered on it. It really disgusted me knowing how evil people could be in this school.

I looked up glancing at Aisha as more people received texts and Aisha looked mad and sad at the same time. She was looking in the direction of Sam and Yasmine, the latter looking back at Aisha with a devilish smile.

People started calling Aisha 'Cheeto pig' and laughed at her as she ran out of the gym. Sam and I made eye contact as she watched Aisha run off. I looked at her in disappointment as I took off after Aisha.