Chapter 2

Drop out of school

No. 7 Middle School...what No. 7 Middle School?

"Jiang Xiao!"

The boundless silence suddenly subsided under this powerful voice. Jiang Xiao was startled and opened his eyes suddenly.

"The teacher just told you a few words to drop out of school!? Your grades were so good when you entered No. 7 Middle School. I also believe you are a good child who can learn.

But now that you have dropped out of school and can't even get a high school diploma, what can you do in the future? ah! ? No one will recruit you when you are looking for a job..."

The impassioned voice fell into Jiang Xiao's ears as if through a layer of cotton. His scattered consciousness was somewhat unable to gather itself, and his eyes fell on the glass on the table.

There must have been a few wolfberries inside that had just been put in. Two were floating on top half dead, and a few more slowly fell down, causing a series of small bubbles to appear. He could even hear the faint sound of the bubbles bursting.

What am I doing here? No. 7 Middle School...what No. 7 Middle School? Jiang Xiao thought in a daze, feeling that his whole body ached terribly, even his neck was aching.

"Jiang Xiao!" The other party slapped the table with anger and disappointment in his voice, "You don't even listen when I talk to you, right!?"

Jiang Xiao suddenly came back to his senses and took a deep breath, as if his scattered soul had finally returned to his body and settled down. Only the fragments of the other party's voice broke into the silence, and the noisy and noisy voices of many people broke into it. , engulfing him instantly.

"Hurry up and post the ranking list on the back door. Class starts in ten minutes!"

"Representative of the Chinese class, please take the papers and hand them out. In the first class, we will talk about the final exam paper for the first year of high school."

"The physics class schedules for Classes 3 and 4 are wrong. I'll go find the director to adjust them."

"Li Bowen! What are you doing at the door with such a sly look on your face? Go back and get ready for class!"

"Teacher Xiao Zhang, please sit at this desk first. I just went to my internship to attend a few classes..."

"Wu Fang, ask a few people to hand out the new books for the second year of high school. Find those in the back row and hurry up!"

There were test papers with bright red marks stacked on top of each other on the desk, stacks of brand-new textbooks that smelled of ink were placed on the floor, lively footsteps and laughter came from the corridor, and the scorching sun outside the window was lush and lush. The sycamore trees swayed in the wind, and the mottled light and shadow through the window fell on the back of Jiang Xiao's hand.

He lowered his head and saw a thin piece of A4 paper in his hand, with the words "Application Form for Dropping Out of Wucheng No. 7 Middle School" printed on it. Next to it was a one-inch photo with a red background and white borders. The boy in it was holding a roll on his head. Mao was smiling brightly at the camera. The badge on the left clearly read Wucheng No. 7 Middle School Grade 65, Jiang Xiao.

The date and age columns in the table stunned him.

Twenty years ago, when Jiang Xiao was eighteen years old, he handed the withdrawal application form to his class teacher on the first day of the second semester of high school, and then walked away from No. 7 Middle School in a cool manner.