Civil War (Short)

---2016---

Everything was going fine when suddenly your forge got raided by the FBI.

(Y/N) : "whoa whoa whoa, what the Hell's going on here?"

Captain : "Mr. (L/N), we have an order to bring you to Mr Thaddeus."

(Y/N): "Okay.. just give me a minute"

you turn off your forge, get your things together and follow the agents somewhere in your car.

-Timeskip-

The Secretary of State, Thaddeus Ross, is standing at the head of a table. some of the avengers are gathered around.

The Secretary of State Thaddeus Ross has summoned the Avengers to a meeting

Secretary Ross: "Five years ago, I had a heart attack. I dropped right in the middle of my back-swing. Turned out it was the best round of my life, because after 13 hours of surgery and a triple bypass . . . I found something 40 years in the Army had never taught me: Perspective.

The world owes the Avengers an unpayable debt. You have fought for us, protected us, risked your lives . . . but while a great many people see you as heroes, there are some . . . who would prefer the word "vigilantes''. "

Natasha Romanoff: "And what word would you use, Mr. Secretary?"

Secretary Ross: "How about "dangerous"? What would you call a group of US-based, enhanced individuals who routinely ignore sovereign borders and inflict their will wherever they choose and who, frankly, seem unconcerned about what they leave behind?"

Ross activates a screen behind him. News footage from past Avengers and SHIELD matters flash on the screen as he speaks.

Secretary Ross: "New York."

A Chitauri leviathan. Terrified citizens. A soldier firing a gun. The Hulk smashes into a building and sends a dust cloud to engulf the camera.

Rhodey looks regretful. He glances behind him at Natasha.

Secretary Ross: "Washington DC."

The three Insight helicarriers, firing on each other. The destroyed Triskelion. A helicarrier crashing into the Potomac and throwing up a massive wave, engulfing citizens and the camera.

Sam looks down.

Secretary Ross: "Sokovia."

Terrified citizens, running. The city is rising. A building falling over.

Wanda stares at the screen, as does Tony.

Secretary Ross: "Lagos."

The burning building. Paramedics moving a body. A dead girl.

Wanda is particularly affected by the footage from Lagos. Steve sees this and intervenes.

Steve Rogers: "Okay. That's enough."

Secretary Ross nods to an aide and the images disappear.

(Y/N) : "Are you saying too many casualties happen? it's Chaos, War... of course it happens, we can't stop it. we can only minimise the damage and lost"

Secretary Ross: "For the past four years, you've operated with unlimited power and no supervision. That's an arrangement the governments of the world can no longer tolerate. But I think we have a solution."

An aide hands him a thick book, which Ross slides across the table to Wanda. She picks it up, then slides it to Rhodey.

Secretary Ross: "The Sokovia Accords. Approved by 117 countries . . . it states that the Avengers shall no longer be a private organisation. Instead, they'll operate under the supervision of a United Nations panel, only when and if that panel deems it necessary."