A pearly office

Aziraphale's first 60 hours as the supreme archangel were all paper work and bureaucratic process. It was filling out form after form and setting up accounts and passwords. He needed all new security clearance, after all. Aziraphale thought it was entirely too tiresome but he forgot that real angels don't sleep. Not that he isn't a real angel. He's the supreme archangel, how much more of an angel could you be? But nonetheless, he'd grown quite found of a good nights sleep here and there.

An angel by the name of Janiel was assigned to be Aziraphale's personal assistant. Sandalphon got a kick out of it "angel of the eastern gate and angel of the eastern wind, that's too good. 'The Eastern Office' shall we call it?"

The archangel Michael finally showed her new boss to his office. "You'll have half an hour to settle in," she tells him before saying under her breath, "heaven knows we've settled."

Aziraphale is riffling through some papers, "hmm what was that?"

"Oh, just that we have a meeting in conference room alpha," she says with a gritted smile.

"Yes, yes jolly good." Aziraphale and his new assistant, Janiel, enter his new office. It isn't anything special. All of the archangel's offices, and other than the size, all heavenly offices, look the same. The walls are white pillars fading into divine mist. There is a desk with a glass top in the middle of the room. The only things on the desk is a glass ink well and some form of computer. It's all very sleek.

Aziraphale takes in his new office. It's stunning but it doesn't feel like home. He really doesn't have anything to settle in with. No earthly objects in heaven. The computer on his desk is dinging away. Every few seconds it chimes "you have mail!"

"Oh dear, is that normal?" He asks Janiel.

"I do believe that it's a bit busy today, sir. Lots of angels trying to get in good with the new boss," she offers, "I'm sure it will calm down within a decade or so."

Zira chuckles nervously, "right-o. Is it all angels? Or human prayers too?"

She's puzzled by this question, "well it's mail. Mostly reports for you to be in the know. Prayers will go to automatically to scriveners unless directly addressed to you. Then you would get an alert for one. Also if they are pushed up the ladder to the supreme level, where you can push them to a divine level, in theory." She says cheerfully. She is so very helpful. Aziraphale is grateful. "Right, well a meeting in 24 minutes. I will leave you to it."

This is the first time Aziraphale has been alone since coming to heaven. He takes his seat at the desk and lets out a heavy sigh. He wants to tell Crowley how things are going but Crowley probably hates him now. It's no time to worry about that. He has so many things to worry about, like will mess everything up. The computer keeps dinging away. He'll worry about it after the meeting.

***
Hello, yeah this is a short one but we had to check up on Aziraphale. Thanks for reading and please enjoy!