Holy dirty work

Michael would have never considered Gabriel her friend. She respected the way he ran heaven but that isn't to say she personally liked him. He was always a no nonsense kind of guy. The past few months, though, he was like an entirely different angel. He was slacking on his holy duties and constantly running off to earth for "supreme business." It's known now that he was swapping saliva with no other than the Duke of hell.

Her biggest problem with Gabriel (prior to the whole traitor thing) was that he was the archangel supreme. Not that she was envious, to covet is one of the top 10 biggest sins. Michael just feels that she could do it better than Gabriel and would want his job if it ever became available. It did, however, become available, and she was over looked for the position. There hasn't been a change to management since the Great Fall and Michael cannot believe that a lowly snot-nosed principality was given her job. In her opinion he's a lousy excuse for an angel, at that.

Michael intends to fix the mistake. For the greater good, of course. She knows that there are a lot of angels that share this feeling. It's common knowledge that Aziraphale just isn't fit to run heaven. She doesn't need many angels to fix the issue, though. A small group will do the trick.

Uriel and Michael sit in a stair way talking in hushed voices about this exact issue. "I think that if we take things into our own hands, the divine masses will back your cause," Uriel whispers. "I only worry about what-" they drop their voice even lower, "what God will think of it. The Metatron did put Aziraphale in office and he is the voice of God." Uriel looks quite frightened about having said this out loud. They could've claim ignorance if things went belly-up. Now if these angels are wrong, the Almighty knew it was desecration.

"It will be okay," Michael says quietly, "Aziraphale is interfering with The Great Plan. The Plan is all that matters." Michael, although she'd never admit it even to herself, isn't sure if that's true.

Ever since those idiots pointed out that God's ineffable plan could be vastly different from The Great Plan, she hasn't been able to stop thinking about it. Nobody has ever heard what the ineffable plan consists of. It's literally in the name. If God has shared their true unknown plan with anybody it would be the Metatron.

Michael's justification must have been good enough for Uriel. "So, where do we go from here?" They still have a worried look on their face. A door from a lower level opens and both of the angels freeze. Footsteps are heard going down. The angels only return to their conversion after another door closes.

Michael tells her associate, "I have some contacts who will take care of the problem. All we need to do is get him out of heaven." She pulls out her phone and holds it up, showing it to Uriel.

They nod, "make the call."

Michael punches a number into her phone. "Hi, I need to speak with Shax. Yes, it's Michael."

***
Alrighty guys! This one wasn't too long. It felt weird focusing on Michael but think it went well. Please let me know what y'all are thinking. Thank you for reading :)