Chapter 7: The Nightmare

Author's Note: PUT THIS DAY DOWN IN THE RECORD BOOKS I UPDATED TWICE IN ONE DAY!!! *gives self a high-5* I'm sorry if this is short but I simply couldn't bear to go on and I hope your all happy because I literally cried while writing this because I'm so attached to them. :'( you'll understand when you start reading.

Zayn's p.o.v

"You're worthless. I wish you were never born!" My dad yells at me.

"I'm not worthless!" I answer back.

"You are worthless! Nobody loves you!" He yells again while grabbing my wrist tightly.

"Ashlyn loves me! Liam, Niall, Louis, and Harry love me too! You're hurting me!"

"Too flipping bad. Is Ashlyn here? No. Get over the stupid imaginary friends of yours!"

"They aren't imaginary! They're real! They love me!"

"Get your head out of the clouds! Nobody cares! They never will! You are a MISTAKE."

He raised his hand and I closed my eyes as I waited for impact.

I sit up in bed with tears streaming down my face.

It was just a dream, Zayn, it was just a dream. Calm down.

I look around the room and see Liam and Niall still asleep.

As quietly as possible I climb out of my bed. I open the door and cringe when it squeaks. They still are sleeping. Good. I slip out the door and walk over to Ashlyn's room.

Ash's p.o.v

"Ashlyn?" I heard, making me wake up.

"Zayn? What's wrong sweetie?" I can't believe he's actually talking to me.

"I-I had a n-nightmare." He answers softly.

"Oh honey, come over here." He obeys and I lift him onto the bed. "Do you want to talk about it? Sometimes that helps, but you don't have to if you don't want to." I say softly.

"My dad... Hurt me, and t-told me... N-nobody l-loved m-me. I-i told him a-about you but he s-said you weren't r-real... And then... He, he, he h-hit me." Zayn says and burst out into tears.

I pull him into a tight hug and wipe the tears from his face. "Shh, don't cry. Everything's alright. Nobody's going to hurt you if I have anything to say about it. You're mine. Now, how about you sleep with me for the rest of tonight, ok?" He nods and lays down, cuddling up next to me.

"Ashlyn?"

"Yeah Zayn?"

"Do you love me?"

"With all my heart."

"Ashlyn?"

"Yeah Zayn?"

"Can you sing for me?"

"Of coarse. Any requests?"

"Something that sounds nice."

"Ok,

When you try your best, but you don't succeed,
When you get what you want, but not what you need,
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep,
Stuck in reverse
And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try, you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
Tears stream down your face
And I
Tears stream down your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face
And I

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you." I finish even though he fell asleep halfway through the song. I've always liked Fix You by Coldplay. I realize the song is stuck in my head as I drift off to sleep with Zayn in my arms.