Chapter 9: Tears at 3am

Ash's p.o.v

I slowly make my way downstairs.

"Hakuna Matata, What a wonderful phrase!" I hear coming from the TV.

Oh I forgot. The boys were sleeping in their pillow fort. I specifically remember turning the tv off before they went to sleep last night.

Once I get closer, I realize Louis is completely focused on watching Lion King.

"Louis? It's like 3 in the morning? What are you doing up?" I whisper.

"I couldn't sleep and didn't want to wake up everyone so I put in a movie." He whispered back after he paused the movie.

"Why can't you sleep honey?"

"... Nothing."

"You know you can tell me anything right?"

"I know."

"Are you sure it was nothing?"

"Yeah. I'm sure."

"Alright. Well I was just coming down for a drink of water and then I'm going back to bed. You should try to get some sleep when you finish the movie."

I walk over to the kitchen, get a quick drink of water, and start to walk back up the stairs.

"Ashlyn?"

I stop and turn around.

"What Louis?"

"I-I had a bad dream."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I ask as I go back down the stairs and make my way over to him and crouch down to his level.

He just throws his arms around me and buries his head in my neck while starting to cry softly.

"Hey, shhh, don't cry, I'm right here."

"My mum is gone." He says through sobs, barely audible.

"I know it must be hard."

"My mum is gone. My sisters are gone too."

Louis' p.o.v

Ashlyn rubs my back as I cry into her shoulder.

She's the closest thing I have to a mum now.

"Do you wanna tell me what happened?"

I nod and sniff, still crying.

"Let's go upstairs to my room so we don't wake up the other boys, ok?"

I nod again and she leads me up the stairs and into her room, then lifts me onto the bed.

"M-my d-dad,"

"Take a deep breath... In... And out." She says and I take a deep breath with her.

"My d-dad shot my m-mum and s-sisters. Th-they're gone!" I bring my knees to my chest and bury my head in my arms.

"Is your dad in jail now?" I nod.

"What were your sisters' names?"

"Ch-Charlotte, Felic-city, D-Daisy, and Ph-Phoebe."

Ash's p.o.v

"You know, I think your sisters would be very proud of you." I say to Louis, making him look up at my with puffy eyes and tear-stained cheeks.

"For what?"

"Being brave without them."

"Really?"

"Really. And I know they love you Louis. I feel it with all of my heart. And now Niall, Zayn, Liam, and Harry love you just as much."

"Ashlyn? Can I call you mum?"

This question stunned me a bit. I was totally not prepared for it.

"If you want to, I'd be fine with it."

He smiled his goofy smile and I returned the gesture.

"All better now?"

He nodded and yawned.

"Now let's get you back to bed."

A/N: I'm soooooooo tired. I think the boys are actually starting to bond a bit more with Ashlyn so it's gonna be AWESOME!!!!!!!