Chapter 12 - 'Weekend at the Pizzaplex'

The following weekend, the Taylor family was visiting the Pizzaplex to celebrate Elise's first week as a Daycare Volunteer.

When they came to see Kathy at the daycare, Elise saw Mini-Sun, with kids' drawings, stray googley eyes, and glitter glue stains all over him. His expression immediately told Elise that he was in pain.

"Uh... hello, Mini-Sun!" Said Elise, trying to keep a smile.

"O- OH! Hey there, Elise!" Said Mini-Sun, with stress in his voice. He noticed Elise and Kathy's parents and greeted them in that same tone of voice that he used when greeting Elise.

Mini-Sun quite clearly wasn't okay.

It was hard enough that he had lost his father to attackers, but now he had no choice but to work as the daycare attendant. And boy, was that difficult for him, especially when he had to see remnants of what Sundrop once was from time to time.

As the lady that was supposed to help Mini-Sun, Elise was, understandably, concerned. Surely there was no way he wanted to give up on taking care of the kids now... right?

* * *

When Elise's parents and Kathy were at Gator Golf, Elise sat down with Mini-Sun and asked him what the matter was.

Mini-Sun inhaled sharply. "HOW DID MY FATHER DO THIS WITHOUT GETTING SO STRESSED OUT!?" he shouted, exasperated.

Elise was silent for a bit before she said, "Well, this was the whole reason my mom had me become a daycare volunteer. You were feeling stressed it seemed, so we had to do it."

Mini-Sun then took a wet towel and rubbed some stains of glitter glue off of him. "And glitter glue... GLITTER GLUE... I don't understand how my dad loved this stuff when he was still alive! It's messy, hard to clean, and it CERTAINLY shouldn't be on any animatronic child such as myself!" Mini-Sun ranted, growling a bit as he spoke.

Elise had no words to say as she saw Mini-Sun try pulling off the drawings, googley eyes and stickers off of his already glitter glue-stained body, sometimes to no avail.

"Do you... want me to help you out?" Elise asked, seeing that Mini-Sun was struggling with the removal of stray art supplies from his body.

"NO, I'M FINE!" Mini-Sun shouted, both irritated and frustrated about his situation. He was usually never this irritable, and he certainly never shouted at Elise before, so the stress was quite clearly taking a toll on him.

"I... please don't take this personally, but have you ever considered that Sundrop didn't appear as stressed out as you are right now because of experience?" Elise asked, immediately regretting it after seeing that Mini-Sun was glaring at her with those same angry, red, slashed eyes that seemed to have been what Mini-Sun's eyes turn into when he gets angry.

"Me? ME UNEXPERIENCED? I'VE BEEN AT THE SUPERSTAR DAYCARE FOR MONTHS NOW AND YOU SAY I'M NOT AS EXPERIENCED AS MY FATHER?!" Mini-Sun shouted, with the metal on his casing getting warmer with how angrier he got, and thus making some of the glitter glue melt off of his body.

Elise was shocked at Mini-Sun's rage.