Chapter 14 - 'Mini-Sun's Dream'

Inside of Mini-Sun's brain chip, there was a peculiar mindscape in the image of the Superstar Daycare, but instead of being all different kinds of colors, it was mostly monochrome yellow-gold.

In addition, there were stains of oil--specifically the kind that is dubbed "Animatronic Blood"--all over the daycare, some stains big and some small.

But the biggest stain was the area of the mindscape that emulated the spot where Sundrop perished in that attack.

On top of all this, Mini-Sun was seemingly all alone in the mindscape version of the Daycare.

Mini-Sun noticed that the mindscape daycare was all messed up, so he proceeded to tidy it up until he woke up in the real world, fully charged.

Well... what he expected was a calming way to clean, but then... he heard a voice say this:

"Don't you dislike being alone? Solitary with your thoughts, as blurry as clouds?"

Mini-Sun jumped in fear. "Who said that?!" He shouted, not because of how unexpected it sounded, but because it sounded exactly like the voice that his voice switched into when he yelled at Elise just hours before.

Could it really be...? No, it couldn't be! Surely this wouldn't be the night he finally would be able to transform... right?

"My, my... How offended I am, my sunny counterpart! And here I thought you knew me like your father knew his counterpart," Said the voice again, in a condescending manner.

Putting two and two together, Mini-Sun realized what this voice was and who it was referring to when it said that. "Wait a minute... REVEAL YOURSELF!" Mini-Sun shouted, his voice becoming filled with fear.

Suddenly every drop of animatronic blood that was in Mini-Sun's mindscape seemed to gather around to the massive stain of it in the area that replicated the very spot where Sundrop perished.

when every single drop of it was all gathered into a singular puddle, the puddle then hovered into the air and formed into a humanoid being, with a body type not unlike Mini-Sun's.

Mini-Sun was speechless as he saw the oil turn into what looked like himself but if he were the son of Moondrop and not Sundrop.

"I am he who refused to reveal himself until you began to break down," said the being in that same, pitch-moon-tone-and-accent-sun, Welsh-accented voice that Mini-Sun had heard him speak with before.

The being explained that the reason that Mini-Sun was unable to transform at night for so long was because he wasn't emotionally weak enough to gain a second half. But when Sundrop died and he became more irritable and moody, his repressed thoughts kept building up until they eventually became this new being.

"And now that I have finally become my own being," he said, "I shall reveal myself to those countless millions!"

Mini-Sun was frightened. "No... I'll NEVER let you hurt them!" he shouted to the being.

"Oh... then try dealing with this like a child has to deal with change!" Said the being to Mini-Sun as he began to take control of Mini-Sun's body.

* * *

In the real world, Elise and her parents were sitting at a table in the Pizzaplex, awaiting an order of ice cream while hearing Freddy and his bandmates perform, when everyone in the room suddenly heard Mini-Sun screaming.

Elise, as the daycare volunteer, followed some of the engineers that were there to Mini-Sun's room.

What they saw next horrified them.