Chapter eight: I love you baby

(Little Stephanie's POV)

"Okay princess I'll be by at 5 to get you, the game doesn't start till 6:30 but my practice starts at 5:30. I hope that's okay." I smiled. I wondered how he couldn't tell that no matter what it'd be okay with me if it was for him.

"Yep, I'll be ready. Should I bring a jacket?" I asked. It usually started getting cold around 6 lately.

"Hmm... no, I can keep you warm." He winked at me. I blushed.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"I guess you'll just have to find out won't you?" He said and gave me a playful shove.

"Hey!" I yelled as he ran off. He laughed and I chased him. School had let out about an hour ago, seeing as it was 4:00. Darcy Had gone home with Prim and I had stayed at school to study in the library with Jayden. When you are the schools highest ranked students, and the most liked by the faculty, you have perks that normal students don't. Just saying, so keep that in mind next time you want to much some skank in the face.

I was so close to him when I, being Stephanie Angel Styles, I tripped and fell flat on my face. RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY CRUSH! JUST LET ME DIE!

"Whoa!" Jayden said. I gasped and looked down. I was on top of him. He caught me!

"Y-you didn't have to do that!" I exclaimed embarrassedly.

"But I did." He said seriously.

"No-,"

"Yes I did, don't argue with that. I had to. It would have been wrong of me not to." He said in a tone as serious and as stern as the one Uncle Liam used when Dad would run around naked and Uncle Louis would chase him with a carrot, yes aren't those fun childhood memories?

"O-okay then..." I said embarrassedly.

"Uhm..." He said and then I realized our awkward position. I squealed and scurried off of him and jumped up, extending him and hand and helping him up.

"That was aka-awkward." He joked and I laughed.

"Really Jay, you're going to reference Pitch Perfect?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Duh, it may be a chick flick but it rocked my socks off." This time I full on laughed. He was dead serious!

"You're serious aren't you?"

"Yes. Yes I am. You mad bro?" He asked.

"Nah bro," I said and he laughed.

"Gimme your hand," He said with gentle smile. I raised an eyebrow.

"Why?" I asked. He rolled his eyes.

"Don't make me do it." He said. I smirked, a mischievous twinkle in my eyes.

"Do it." I said.

"No."

"Then you're not getting this hand." I said.

"Fiiine." He groaned. I laughed as he picked me up and carried me into the gym where the cheerleaders were rehearsing. He sat me down in the center; ironically they were all taking a break. He kneeled down in front of me. I loved doing this, was it mean? Probably. Was it funny? Hell yes.

"You're just too good to be true 

Can't take my eyes off of you 

You'd be like heaven to touch 

I wanna hold you so much 

At long last love has arrived 

And I thank God I'm alive