TWENTY-NINE

I was awake but I didn't want to move. Even if I did want to, I couldn't. Nas had me pulled against his chest with both of his arms wrapped around me like I was in a cage.

I watched him as he slept, snoring like a damn grizzly bear in my ear but he hadn't got any good sleep like this in weeks, so I allowed it. I used my fingertips to ruffle the hairs in his beard which made him crinkle his nose. I stifled my laugh so I didn't wake him up before placing a kiss on his slightly parted lips.

I started to wiggle my body out of his grasp so I could go use the bathroom and check my phone. We both decided to turn our phones off last night so we could enjoy each other's company and watch our movies without distractions. There was really no one that I expected to have missed notifications from, but I did plan to meet Fallon later today to drop off a gift for her son's birthday.

Just as I had maneuvered enough to free myself from Nas' arms, his grip tightened and he pulled me right back.

"You must want me to pee in your bed?" I said in my raspy morning voice.

He immediately let me go and turned himself around.

"I didn't think so," I mumbled.

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand and powered it on as I walked through the closet to the bathroom. I plopped down on the toilet, covering my mouth from the yawn that escaped my lips.

My phone lit up to my homescreen picture of me and my dad, but was instantly covered up by thousands of notifications bombarding my notification center. Confused, I clicked one and was brought to my Instagram where I found my follower count had went up to 41,000. Yesterday I had 193.

The only picture I had posted was of a slideshow of my exhibit opening, which now had 83 thousand likes and 9 thousand comments.

avafni2: she is so beautiful and smart?! definitely an upgrade
nic0lefrisk1e: this is who he left Santana for? LMFAO bye! a whole joke 🤣
mrsnassauriley93: CAN YOU PLEASE TELL NASSAU I LOVE HIM PLS PLS PLS🙏🏼🙏🏼

I shook my head in disbelief as I toggled over to my alerts where I saw I had been tagged in a post by theshaderoom.

theshaderoom: #TSRUpdatez OOP! Jamaican boxer #NassauRiley debuts his #newboo Indica Chastain after his win a few nights ago. I know my roomates are #teamSantana but can this newbie take the heat of the spotlight? #roomies, drop your thoughts! She's a cutie, right?!

I knew theshaderoom's reputation for being extremely negative and propagandistic, but against my better judgement, I went to the comments.

cbomblexi: she looks like a deer in headlights, loosen up bitch!

yo_im_savage: she won't last another month trust me

savedandsanctified: everyone repent and find GOD we are in the last days!!!!! ✝️✝️✝️✝️

I closed the app and deleted it. I was overwhelmed by the amount of notifications I was getting and this was not how I wanted to wake up.

The red bubble hovering over the phone icon also let me know I had 46 missed alerts. When I clicked the app open, I was met with 40 missed calls and 5 voicemails from Santana's number, and one call from Charlie.

I let out an annoyed sigh and finished my business in the bathroom before hesitantly making my way back into the bedroom.

Nas was awake, laying on his back watching me climb into bed.

"What's wrong?" he asked me right away.

"Your fans found my Instagram," I sighed as I threw his arm around me.