TWENTY-TWO

Because Nas was with me, we decided not to meet in such a public place like the coffee shop. Instead, we were on our way to the museum. The museum was only open until 12:00 on Saturday's so it would be completely empty for our impromptu soiree.

"Why you like yellow so much?" Nas asked as he looked around my office.

"Uh, I don't know," I said, sitting down at my desk, "I always have. Keeps me calm, cool, and collected."

"Is your apartment the same way?"

"Just my bedroom 'cause I spend the most time in there. You wanna come see it?" I asked, glancing up at him.

"Whaaat? You finally inviting me to your place?" he said with surprise in his tone.

"Don't say it like that. I was just...protecting my peace. And there's still a no boys allowed policy."

"I guess it was time, right?" he asked, leaning back in the chair on the other side of my desk, "Especially after what you was saying last night."

"What did I say last night??"

"You don't remember?"

"I don't remember anything from last night." Except for the fact that my best friend kissed me. "That was the drunkest I've ever been."

"I think you said something about my voice making you horny and how you wanted to sit on my face."

I froze and looked up at him from my laptop. "You're kidding, right?"

"I am not kidding," he said with a smirk.

"That is so fucking humiliating," I dropped my face in my palms.

"It ain't embarrassing if it's true," he shrugged, "You know what they say? Drunk words are sober thoughts, or something like that."

"Wouldn't you be sooo lucky?" I said sarcastically.

"Yes. Yes, I would."

I flashed him a dirty look before turning my attention to the security cameras behind me that were alerting me of motion at the main doors. The black and white footage showed Fallon at the front door, looking through the glass into the museum. I pressed the microphone icon on the keypad and told her to come in.

"You ready?" Nas asked me.

"No," I admitted. I got up from my desk and he followed me out to the floor.

I watched her look him up and down as we approached her, but I decided to ignore it. I would look at him like that, too. He's fine as hell.

"This way," I told her, leading them both to the other side of the museum where the corporate offices and conference rooms were. I used my keys to unlock the double doors to the first conference room on the left side of the hallway and walked in. I instinctively went right towards the head of the table, since that was where I gave a lot of my presentations and informationals to the higher ups.

The room was surrounded by floor to ceiling windows, and the Arizona sun beamed through, so we got away with not needing to turn on any lights.

Nas sat right next to me, and Fallon sat a few chairs down from me.

"Okay? Let's get right to it then," I said, not wanting to waste any more time.

"Right," she said in a shaky voice. I was growing slightly irritated at the fact that she couldn't seem to keep her focus on me as she kept popping her eyes back and forth between me and Nas. "I'm sorry, who is he?"

"Does it matter?" I narrowed my eyes.

"Indica, I have information that could help you win this trial. If you decide to risk someone else sabotaging you, I guess that's your prerogative."