NINETEEN

"Me, myself, and I, that's all I got in the end," I hummed to myself as I entered the dark museum. I set down the big cardboard box I carried in my hands on the floor so I could lock the glass doors behind me. I ordered a few things online to replenish some of the exhibits, as well as some new things for the Black Cowboy exhibit that was currently in the works.

The sound of my heels clacking against the ground echoed through the empty museum as I walked to my office, continuing to hum to myself. I walked into London's open office and set the box on her desk so she could start working on sorting and labeling when she got here. What I was surprised to see, though, was that my office door was also open. London kept her office open so Meech and I could go in and out as we needed when she wasn't there, but my office was closed 100% of the time I was away.

There was a janitor cart right outside my door, so I let out a sigh of relief when I realized someone was probably just taking out my trash. I walked in and saw the janitor setting a huge bouquet of bright red roses into the vase on my side table.

"Good morning," I said, startling him and making him turn around to me.

"Oh, good morning, ma'am. I'll get out of your way; I just didn't want these flowers to go bad sitting outside. I didn't know what time you usually got here."

"I'm not old enough to be a ma'am," I chuckled as I set the rest of my things on my desk. "I'm Indica. But uh...?" I gestured toward the flowers.

"These were sitting outside when I got here at 5am and they were addressed to you," he said as he brushed past me to exit.

"Oh. Okay, thank you. Have a good day," I replied picking up the beige card that was situated between the petals.

The janitor gave me weak smile and I listened as the sound of the wheels on the cart got further and further.

My name was written in the most beautiful calligraphy on the front of the card. I flipped it open and saw a small message in the same font.

I don't want to go another day without seeing you, so I hope you will accompany me tonight at 8pm. Dress up, preferably in black. A car will be to you by 7:30pm.

Nassau

I'm sure my cheeks turned just as red as the roses in front of me. I hadn't spoken to him since I stormed out of his house two nights ago, and the day after that, I was in court. He had crossed my mind more than a handful of times these past two days, but I just wasn't in the best headspace to reach out to him.

I pulled my chair out and sat at my desk, rummaging through my bag to find my phone. It was 7:19am, so I knew he was awake, probably in the gym.

It's only been two days, dork.

Two days too many.

Thank you for the flowers 🌹
I love them.

You're welcome. So will I see you tonight?

Where are we going?

I watched as the three dots that indicated he was typing vanished. I suppose I deserved it for ignoring him.

I made my way over to his Instagram. I wasn't sure why, but I wanted to see what he wore for that event he took Santana to. A lot of his pictures were posted by his manager or someone else on his team. The pictures and videos he posted himself were usually of him in the gym training.