TWENTY-ONE

"You never let me take this many shots, what's gotten into you?!" Charlie asked me over the music in the club.

"You just won! I don't care how many shots you take!" After Charlie's name was called, the rest of the contestants had to leave the stage while we collected her winnings. As she had told me, her designs would be professionally photographed and sent to the catalogue of her choosing. She also got to personally meet with the three judges, who were notable names in the fashion industry. None of whom I recognized, but she did, so I was ecstatic for her.

We were now at the after party at a bar not too far from where the competition was held. All of the contestants were invited, and even though they lost, majority of them still showed up. That included Santana.

Speaking of, I saw her snaking her way through the hound of people over to me and Charlie. I had mentally rolled my eyes in knowing she was coming to talk to me about God knows what, but she had already seen me. Even if I wanted to avoid her, I couldn't.

"Congrats on your win!" she said, "Everything you made was fire. I loved it."

Charlie didn't say anything but looked at her up and down with a straight face.

"I come with a peace offering," she said, holding her hands out and offering us 2 shots.

"I don't drink brown," I said, looking down at the drinks. I drank anything, but I didn't want anything she was offering me.

She shrugged her shoulders and took both shots herself. "Remember the last time we were in the club together? We had so much fun! Why can't we do that again?"

"Didn't you tell Nas you would leave us alone? Why are you over here, Santana?" I spat at her.

"Because I wanna I apologize. I went too far."

"I don't want your apology. I want you to go the fuck back to wherever you came from."

"Don't be like that, Indica. How can I make it better?" she asked.

"You wanna make it better? Tell your mom to forget all that shit you told her in the museum when she's looking at my application, maybe then I'll consider even looking in your direction."

"Done! I'll tell her the next time I see her. I really wanna be cordial with you since we're gonna be seeing each other a lot more."

"Why would we be seeing each other? You aren't with Nas anymore."

"Not because of Nas, silly!" she said with a plastic smile.

"What are you talking about, Santana?"

"Oh, sorry! My girlfriends just got here," she announced as she looked down at her phone, "Like I said, I'll be seeing you around, Indica. Congratulations again, Charlie. Have fun, girls! Or, boy, whatever you are."

I tried to jump at her but Charlie stopped me. I watched her back with a clenched jaw as she got lost in the crowd.

"I hate that hoe," Charlie said. I nodded my head with wide eyes in agreement.

"It's about you tonight, let's get shitfaced!" I yelled.

As the night went on, Charlie and I got looser and looser. I was currently at the bar ordering our 6th round of double shots of tequila. Charlie was past the point of no return, and this would usually be where I made us go home, but we were celebrating so I allowed it. I was feeling extremely bold and giddy myself, complimenting every single girl I saw on the way over to the bar. I had stopped at two different groups and made them do the dougie with me. Drunk me never felt embarrassed.

I felt my phone vibrating in my hand and had to hold it super close to my face in order to read who the call was from. The alcohol was making my vision blurry.