Chapter 2

"A bold statement for a pathetic guardian!" Zero yelled in glee as multiple glowing white chains erupted from his back, each homed towards Ink and Dream.

"Alright, not bad, I've had my fair share of attacks like that!" Ink commented as he and Dream narrowly dodged the chains.

However, the second they tried to attack and cut them up, they only regenerated milliseconds after they had been cut, making it seem like they were never slashed at all, and not only that, there was something else.

"These chains..." Dream thought in surprise as he sensed both positive and negative memories within those chains.

"Do these chains absorb memories?!" Dream thought as he immediately grabbed Ink out of pure instinct, taking each other to a safer area.

Upon being faced with the subject of memories, for a moment he remembered when he and Nightmare were still...

"...We're in a fight, I can't lose focus," Dream thought.

"What a shame, I was thinking I could hold in the surprise just a bit longer," Zero spoke, in a disappointed tone as they retracted their chains, Dream and Ink stared on, trying to guess what Zero's next move would be, due to the fact they barely know anything about him.

"Maybe I should've been a little more careful on my words earlier," Ink commented, smirking as he stood up, spinning around his Broomie as he held it forward in a stance.

"Well, even if you do know my chains wield a property such as that..." Zero spoke, summoning his chains once more as he began to spin them at rapid speeds.

"You do not know what exactly will happen if I absorb your memories, it's a lot more complicated in my case after all, am I right?" Zero said, grinning as he then swung the chains at Ink and Dream.

"It doesn't matter..." Both Ink and Dream spoke as they dashed toward Zero, avoiding the incoming chains.

"As long as we don't get hit by them," Ink and Dream said, as Dream's eyes lit up with fierce determination, while Ink, his eyes colorful and red, had anything but motive and emotion.

But suddenly, Ink was stabbed by one of the chains, before being thrown high into the air as Dream stopped in his tracks.

"Ink!" Dream shouted, jumping over a chain that intended to grab his legs.

"Your friend is done for," Zero commented as he tried absorbing Ink's memories.

"That's what you think," Dream spoke as he turned his two blades into one bow, shooting a positivity arrow toward Zero.

"Even without memory, he's still one of the strongest in the multiverse,"

"Heh... And why is that?" Zero asked, releasing Ink from his chain to dodge the positivity arrow.

And as Ink then looked toward Zero, his eyes, were no longer colorful, but rather, white, as he was silent as a mouse.

"It pains me to say but..."

"He lacks any real memory, and thus he lacks any real attachment,"