Chapter 3

Somewhere within the dead and forgotten lands of Dreamtale...

As Error walked up to the chopped-up tree, seemingly waiting for something, he took a deep breath, turning around as he leaned his back onto the tree, resting on it.

"Any time now..." Error thought in irritation as he held his hand on his face.

And soon enough, came an ever-so-familiar blob of negativity, which soon structured itself into Nightmare, who walked over to Error, who only continued to sit down.

"I'm still surprised you'd try to make a deal like this," Nightmare spoke in a mocking tone, surprisingly enough, Error was silent.

"The great destroyer of universes... Asking for help, is a bit comedic, is it not?" Nightmare said as he kneeled down to make eye contact with Error.

"Just hurry up and inject my mind with negativity," Error spoke in an aggressive tone.

"I can't bear these strange feelings anymore,"

"Well then, hold still," Nightmare said, extending his hand out.

"This will be quick..."

Nightmare's hand was then releasing streams of negative magic as it loomed closer to Error...

In one fell swoop, Error dodged Nightmare's tentacles that came from his hand, as did Nightmare who avoided Error's burning string laser.

"I knew you're pride was far too large to accept a request such as this," Nightmare remarked, smirking as he dashed backward to avoid any further attacks, as Error simultaneously stood up.

"Not pride..." Error spoke, looking at his hand as he felt one of his many memories come back to him.

And one that was most important.

He was once...

Happy.

"Just commitment," Error said in a confident, almost arrogant tone as he summoned multiple Gaster Blasters behind him.

"I'm putting an end to your shit here, you shitty excuse for a king!" Error said, now firing the Gaster Blasters as Nightmare dissolved into goop, avoiding the attack as he reformed in another location.

Nightmare then grew multiple large tentacles from the ground, which pierced through Error's gaster blasters, shattering them completely as they faded away into Dust, Error looked on, annoyed.

"Feisty, are we?" Nightmare spoke, snapping his fingers.

"It's unfortunate, really, I could fight you directly but I don't feel like wasting magic on anything unnecessary," Nightmare said, which slightly pissed off Error.

"So! I think it'd be great if I used you as a lab rat for another lab rat," Nightmare spoke, chortling as another blob of negativity came from the ground, forming into another skeleton, one whom Error knew all too well, and hated to see.

"Error, I'd like you to introduce yourself to...

"G.E.N.O, the most recent instrument I've manufactured, made specifically for you,"