Chapter 9

"Brother,"

"Yes, Dream?"

"You wouldn't hurt anyone... Even if they hurt you, right?"

"..."

"Yeah,"

"I wouldn't,"

"Not even if they break my soul..."

"Not even if they split my mind,"

"That, I promise,"

Nightmare's tentacles ravaged the land as they attacked from above and from the ground and the three could do nothing but dodge at the moment.

"Despite being massive, he's exceptionally fast," Dos remarked as spun his chain mace, as he hacked away a tentacle that was coming directly to impale him.

Nearby, Sau continuously threw pain-infused magic blasts at some tentacles, igniting them in flames completely.

Meanwhile, Zero was trying to grapple onto Nightmare's face to deal the utmost damage.

He figured that his eye was the weak spot.

But it was futile as Nightmare slapped him away to the ground with a miniature tentacle he manually grew from his face.

"I can sense the negativity cornering us," Dos spoke.

"Our best bet is to escape, but not without a fight first!" Zerofollowed up as put both of his hands together and aimed them toward Nightmare.

"Psyche Eruptor!" Zero shouted as a straight, white beam came out of his hands, traveling directly toward Nightmare at unimaginable speeds.

"What is that? Most of our attacks can't even faze him," Sau questioned as he stepped to the side, avoiding a tentacle that could have pierced through him.

"It's not meant to attack his physical body..." Zero responded as his grin grew wider.

"It's supposed to invert his state of being conceptually, and thus his body, turning him positive and making his own body essentially poison-" Zero was then cut off as Nightmare, with a large orb of negativity slapped away the beam.

"WHAT?!" Zero spoke with a genuinely shocked tone.

"Sorry, but magic of that caliber is completely useless against me," Nightmare spoke.

"...Is that so?" Zero replied, gritting his teeth, he was frustrated but he did not show it.

"So not even spiritual attacks can work on him?" Dos remarked as the three held their ground, and could only avoid Nightmare's attacks.

...

"You seem to be doubtful," Dust spoke to Dream as he and the rest flew across the multiverse, eliminating what was there of Nightmare's influence.

"Ah... What makes you think that, Dust?" Dream replied.

"Are you afraid? Because of your brother?" Dust questioned in a sincere yet caring tone.