The Last Pursuit

Outside the multiverse, where the barren lands of the void await, there remained one singular universe, amongst it all.

And within the universe, came a yellow, heavenly entrance, as the skeleton, the guardian of hope and positivity...

Stepped in.

To fight the King of Negativity.

...

Dream, for the first time, stepped onto the dead, crooked, black grass that covered the lands of Nightmare's Realm.

The wind swayed, causing the grass to dance side to side as Dream walked over them, and to the castle that stood large and royal before his very eyes.

But despite its grand structure.

It's true nature was anything but that.

As Dream closed his eyes, and took a sharp breath, his eyes lit up in DETERMINATION, as he marched towards his former brother's fortress...

As Dream sliced open the large entrance doors of the castle, strangely enough, they began to disintegrate and turn into a very familiar-looking goop.

"That will be worth noting..." Dream spoke as he looked in skepticism, but nevertheless, he continued to walk along the castle.

And indeed, its interior was quite large.

The false lights shined the hallway that was in front of Dream as he continued strolling forward, and slowly, he could sense his former brother's presence more clearly as he continued walking.

As he walked through the seemingly endless length and endless amount of hallways, he had finally reached the center of it all.

The Throne Room.

There sat his brother, in all his disgusting glory as the two shared eye contact once again in what felt like a very long time.

"This early?" Nightmare spoke as he smirked, getting up from his throne as he did so.

"I'm putting an end to this," Dream spoke as he summoned his cleavers.

"Isn't that what you have always said?" Nightmare remarked.

For a moment, there was silence, as the two grew an increasingly serious look on their faces.

"You feel it, don't you?" Dream said.

"Yes, indeed I do... You told your allies to destroy my negative influence on the multiverse, to make things more fair, didn't you?" Nightmare responded.

"Exactly," Dream replied.

"Then that really means only one thing," Nightmare spoke as he walked closer to Dream, eventually, the two faced each other, in the center of the Throne Room.

"I'll have to kill you before the time is up,"

The two activated their Half-Singularities.