•special chapter•

"Jay! Hurry up, let's go!" Jungwon exclaims, toward the sand.

"Jungwon, wait! You didn't put in sunscreen!" I yell, grabbing our beach bag and running after him.

"Oh, right. Will you help me put it on?"

"Mhm, I know you won't put enough on if I don't help you anyway."

I set down the big tote bag, taking out the bottle of sunscreen. I put a generous amount on my hands, and lather all over Jungwon's back, shoulders, arms, chest, everywhere.

I turn his around, getting a little more and gently applying it to his face.

"There, now you won't get a sunburn." I say.

"Let me out some on you too! I know you burn easily." Jungwon says, taking the bottle from my hand and squeezing out some sunscreen.

Jungwon quickly rubs the product all over my arms and neck, then some on my face. I was wearing a tank top, so there was no need for any on my chest.

"Can we get in the water now? It's hot." Jungwon asks.

"You can go, I'll just sit here and watch." I say.

"Um, no, you're coming out there with me."

Jungwon grabs my hand, dragging me with him toward the water, leaving our bag unattended.

The further we got out into the water, the harder it got to run.

"Woah! Look at this sea shell..." Jungwon says, pointing to a peachy pink shell stuck in the sand.

I bent over to get a better look, but suddenly I felt a pair of hands on my back, pushing me into the water, followed by laughter.

Jungwon laughed, holding his stomach from laughing so hard.

"Jungwon!" I exclaim, standing up and wiping my eyes.

Just then, an idea pops up into my head. I wrap my arms around Jungwon's waist, picking him up and carrying him deeper into the water.

"No, Jay! Put me down!" Jungwon yells, trying to free myself from his grasp.

Once we were waist-deep, I threw myself into the water, dragging Jungwon down with me.

"Park Jongseong! I got seawater in my mouth, gross!" Jungwon exclaims.

"That's what you get for pushing me in Wonnie!" I laugh.

Suddenly, Jungwon splashed water on my face, and unfortunately, my mouth was open from laughing.

"Ew!" I say, splashing water back at him.

We broke out into a full-on water fight, splashing as much water at each other as we could. We stopped after a while after our arms got tired.

"Oh my god! What just touched my leg?!" Jungwon exclaims, jumping toward me and clinging to my arm in surprise.

"It was just a fish Wonnie, look." I say, pointing to the little orb swimming away after Jungwon startled it.

"Oh thank god, I thought it was a jellyfish."

Jungwon suddenly holds his stomach, and his ears turn bright red.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Did you bring any food? I'm starting to get hungry." He asks.

"Of course I did. I also brought fruit."

"You're the best! Let's go back!" He says, grabbing my hand and dragging us back to shore.

Once we got back to our bag, I got out one of the towels, laid it out for us to sit on.

I unpack the food, handing some to Jungwon who quickly opens the sandwich, taking a big bite.

"Why is everything you make so good?" Jungwon asks, his cheeks puffed and full of food.

I shrug, popping a few grapes from the fruit bowl I packed into my mouth.

After we finished eating, we just relaxed, watching the ocean.

Jungwon had his head rested on my shoulder, while my head rested on his.

"I'm gonna miss this." Jungwon says.

"What do you mean? We can always come back again Wonnie, the ocean isn't going anywhere." I say.

"I can't, you know that."

"Why?"

"You know why."

Jungwon lifts his head, making me lift mine.

He turns to me, cupping my cheek, pulling me closer, and pecking my lips.

When he pulled away, I could see the tears running down his cheeks.

"Why are you crying Wonnie?" I asked, cupping his cheeks in worry.

"I miss you."

•••

I open my eyes, feeling heaviness on my chest.

I look down and see my cat, Won, laying on my chest.

"How did you get in here?" I ask, sitting up.

When I sat up, I felt something run down my cheek. I touched my cheek, feeling the wetness on my skin.

A tear? I was crying.

Oh yeah... Jungwon...

I sigh, lying back down and facing the ceiling.

It was normal for me to have dreams of me and Jungwon. It was like he was talking to me through my dreams.

I still miss him.

༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅༅

surprise?

this was like a last minute idea cause i felt like being sad and making you guys sad by remembering this book exsisted🥰

hope you enjoyed this book

have an amazing day/night ❤︎︎