Chapter 10- This is For You

Kennedy jumped out of Lucian's arms faster than he could react and ran to Mina's side. The wounds on her stomach were brutal, savage. It looked as if someone had thrown part of her under a lawn mower and Kennedy knew her first aid classes didn't prepare her for something like this. She pulled her shirt over her head, not caring about being left in just her bra and placed it over the wound, applying pressure.

"Hang in there, Specs. You're going to be just fine," Kennedy assured the girl as well as herself.

"We need a doctor! Help! Someone please help!" Kennedy screamed, tears pouring down her face.

Her shirt was already soaked in blood and her hands were shaking out of control. The tears blurred her vision and she couldn't tell if her hands were still over the wound. Lucian came up to her, gently trying to pull her away but she refused.

"Let go of me! Go get help! Lucian, please save her!" Kennedy sobbed.

"I can't love. I'm so sorry," he whispered into her hair tenderly.

"But you healed me when you licked my hands! Do it to her! Do it now, please!" she begged.

Lucian knew she was desperate to save her friend, but even he could not help save the girl from damage this bad. Someone had made sure she wouldn't come out of this alive. But if she wanted him to try he would. If he didn't Kennedy would never forgive him, thinking he hadn't done all he could to save her.

"Go sit up beside her head and talk to her. I will give it a try," he said.

Kennedy did as she was told, moving up beside Mina's head and gently brushed her hair from her eyes. Mina had her eyes closed, but they would occasionally flutter open when she gurgled and coughed up blood.

"Mina, look at me damn it! Look at me!" Kennedy ordered.

Slowly, her eyes opened, but it looked like it took monumental strength to do so and Kennedy cried harder, furiously wiping tears from her eyes.

"It's me babe, it's Kenny. I'm right here. Now Lucians trying to heal you so just stay patient. If anyone can it's him. God Specs, I can't lose you too! You can't leave me," Kennedy pleaded.

Mina coughed up a mouthful of blood and mumbled almost incoherently, "Magic."

Magic?

"What do you mean, Mina? What is magic?" Kennedy asked curiously.

Mina just shook her head slightly as if to dismiss the conversation. Mina was slipping, Kennedy knew it and just prayed Lucian could help her best friend.

Mina tilted her head to the side and spit out a mouthful of blood and looked up into Kennedy's eyes before giving her parting wish.

"Live again," was all Mina said before her eyes closed, never to open again.

Kennedy knew all the fight had left Mina and she was gone. She slumped over her friend and cried, tenderly caressing the side of her face. How fast this innocent trip had gone wrong. Her friend had died but how? For what cause? She was an innocent in all of this mess. Why would someone want her gone?

Lucian realized the battle was lost and removed his shirt to hand to Kennedy. As inappropriate as the timing was to worry about such trivial things, his mate was still exposed and needed clothed in public his wolf insisted.

"Here," he said handing her his shirt. She took it without objection. It looked as if all the will power had left her and she was left an empty shell of her original self. He hated seeing her so vulnerable and alone but completely understood. She had lost her son and now her best friend; the only connection she had left of Adam.