𝟎𝟏, 𝐤𝐞𝐢 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥

┌──❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚─┐

┌──❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚─┐

What lies in
the dark side of
the moon?

└───❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚┘

ˋ°•*⁀➷
THAT DAY, the sun seemed to smile at Yamaguchi Tadashi. With the way he felt its embrace through the opened window alongside the smell of baked goods in that morning's home economics class in the school's kitchen, truly nothing could spit a wrinkle down his forehead.

For that period, Tadashi had chosen the safest baking option; the milk bread, and so did three-fourths of his classmates. Even with how lop-sided the loaf in his palm looked, you could tell from the curves of his lips that he was proud of his creation.

"Your bread smells so fresh, Yamaguchi!" a classmate tapped him on the shoulder. Tadashi replied with a grin and continued basking in his pride.

"No, wait, you're right!" replied another boy, closing in towards Tadashi to take quick whiffs. "What'd you do to get it all aromal like that?"

The leer on his face grew. Oh, at this point he knew he did a great job.

"Tadashi-kun!" A voice rang from behind, cheery and feminine enough to catch his attention amidst the sniffing crowd. "Thought I'd smell something good from you!" The prettiest girl in the room: Sasaki Himari.

"Thank you, Sasaki-san." His undertone changed, a bit deeper, a bit more steady. He could tell, he could feel the way all three-fourths of the room were looking at him.

Humans tend to be more than meets the eye, that's what makes each human life worthwhile. Flaws and unnoticeable cracks, are what make us who we really are and not everyone deserves to know them, the truer parts of ourselves. What makes it better is how one can pick and choose which parts of them they want to show, take Tadashi's milk bread for instance: half-heavy without the most perfect complexion, you'd assume his cooking attempts were effortless. But with the way its aroma dominated the other yeasty smell of that kitchen, you'd think it was effortless talent. You wouldn't have guessed that this pridefully leering lad had pulled an all-nighter with his poor mother, Sumi, to practice for the sake of making an impression. Tadashi loved attention, but he didn't need to show that, did he? He's human for all that matter.

"Oh, Yamaguchi! You've gotta help me with my bread then!" Himari's lips were tinted pink, Tadashi noticed it as she pouted. Her warm, brown gaze beamed through her lashes and a strand of her hair fell perfectly after a dainty finger of hers finished twirling it. It was simply instinctive that eyes fell on her and Tadashi; the star and whatever Tadashi was. "Look at it! It's like an inflated balloon castle," she had taken her plate with a puffy, clearly not inflated milk bread and raised her hand up to hail Tadashi with her final product.

"Don't worry, Sasaki-san. Mine's just as inflated as yours." Tadashi's lips curled in a way that felt uncomfortable, trying to keep his eyes on his sloppy but good-smelling milk bread.