𝟎𝟓, 𝐭𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐤𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐞

┌──❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚─┐

┌──❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚─┐

can a drop of
snow make the
sun ignite?

└───❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚┘
'

ˋ°•*⁀➷
IT HAD been a week since Tadashi talked to Kanae for the first time in several years. The hours went by like a humdrum ditty and the change that happened in Tadashi's life was only the way Sasaki Himari started talking to him less.

"Himari-chan's been looking so dull, don't you think, Yamaguchi-kun?" a voice whispered from the seat beside him. Another different girl had started talking to him but he wouldn't think of it as a form of change.

Her sleek, blond hair fell off her shoulders when she tipped her head in question, "Do you think it has something to do with Tsukishima-kun not accepting her present?"

Another girl, another talk about Kei. It was a never-ending cycle of heartbreaks and newfound courage. Not that Tadashi didn't enjoy the attention. It's just that something far more exciting sort of change happened just a few days earlier and he's got no idea what to do about it but go on about his day like it always had been.

"It's not her fault. Tsukki's always been like that," Tadashi's hands were placed politely on his desk, his eyes looking straight ahead at the formulas on the whiteboard.

It was a lazy morning in class 1-4. Tadashi was not sure whether it had always been that way or he was just too engulfed in his shattered hopes. The early wind was blowing idly into the room and it only invited the sounds of yawns and heavy eyes to come with it. The teacher's monotonous voice indulged the students into half-slumbers. As he continued to decorate the board with more unreadable equations, the room fell even more silent on words but louder in tired exhales.

Clack went the board's eraser when the teacher slammed it on his desk, "That covers today's session. For the next study hour, you can work in pairs on the exercise sheet I've prepared."

⁀➷

"Yamaguchi," a different voice called, this time deeper and stoic.

Tadashi's eyes blinked feverishly in realization, "Yeah, Tsukki?"

"Did you listen to what I just said?"

Kei had pulled a chair in front of Tadashi's desk, turned it around to face him, and work on their worksheet. A good couple of productive minutes went by until Tadashi's eyes went to the clouds.

"No. Sorry, Tsukki," his gaze was elsewhere. His voice responded but his head didn't.

Kei gritted his teeth, "What's going on with you? You've been off since we were walking to school."