𝟎𝟔, 𝐭𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐢 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐤𝐚𝐧𝐚𝐞

┌──❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚─┐

┌──❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚─┐

winter is only
a mess for
those who favor
the sun.

└───❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚┘
'

ˋ°•*⁀➷
ANOTHER leisure morning rose. The same sky painted with the same everyday clouds hailed the Miyagi morning while the sun beamed with a comforting light.

Tadashi was smiling so bright he believed he could rival the afternoon sun.

"First you dozed off for an entire week and now you're smiling like your muscles went cold," Kei uttered beside him.

The day had just started for them and they were walking to school, returning to their usual dynamic. Tadashi got back to being the talker between and Kei listened. The only difference was that Kei didn't have these headphones on and bore Tadashi a few hums of acknowledgments.

That was courtesy the yesterday's conversation with Yukizawa Kanae.

Amid their previous paper-cutting and glue-sticking events, Kei tried to pull out his pair of headphones. The origami pieces that were accidentally glued to his hands made crinkles as they touched the fabric of his bag's insides. Tadashi remembered how heads turned to Kei's figure.

"What are you doing?" Kanae's voice had grown sleazier from the passing hours.

"Cancelling your noise," his headphones slid around his neck.

Kanae groaned, throwing herself away from him. Shiftless words about him being so impolite and ignorant filled the room. Words that sounded all too familiar with whenever Akiteru would complain about Kei's behavior.

"Uncute", she kept uttering through her tired sighs.

Perhaps Tadashi had underestimated the times Kanae spent under the same roof with the Tsukishimas, and him. Because the second Kanae furrowed her brows, Kei's headphones were thrown back into his bag.

Questionably, the headphones stayed on until the next morning rose.

"Not wearing your headphones, Tsukki?" Tadashi asked innocently but his mind was giddy.

Kei's steps slowed down, slowly turning his head to Tadashi, "Do you want me to?" A tired frown shaped his face. Tadashi laughed like Kei knew about his smug ponders.

"I don't mind," he sneered before his mind went to find another conversation starter.

That would be an utter lie. The one time Tadashi hoped Kei wore his stupid headphones just had to be the same time as when Yukizawa Kanae told Kei off about them. Tadashi wanted to be alone with his thoughts, and that wonderful girl in mind.

Tadashi learned a lot of things about her the day before. For instance, he noticed that Yukizawa Kanae was right-handed but she preferred using scissors with her left hand. Even so, she placed the scissors the way a right-handed person would, which explains why most of her paper cut-outs were chunky and at a loss of shape.